Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Strong from Sunak

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I rate you as a poster, even though I don’t think we share many political views but Corbyn?

We are still imagining what life would have been like if the unelectable Corbyn had he somehow been elected five years ago?

Seems a bit thirsty.

I sort of applaud our governments stand on Russia. Publicly they make all the right noises. Behind the gossamer thin veil, they are balls deep in Russian money and business. Sunak’s missus still trades with them.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I rate you as a poster, even though I don’t think we share many political views but Corbyn?

We are still imagining what life would have been like if the unelectable Corbyn had he somehow been elected five years ago?

Seems a bit thirsty.
Well Corbyn’s position on Eastern European affairs was and remains iffy; Starmer is getting rid of the detritus but is facing grassroots opposition.

Reactions: cjd

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If he had won the election he would be current PM?
Hardly seems likely given the regicide that is happening when things aren't going well. How many Tory prime ministers have we had now? Corbyn would either have been a revelation and led us to the promised land (he actually seems like he cares about people), or he'd have been a lunatic and been beheaded and replaced.

Butterfly effect; Labour winning could have meant Russia never invaded at all. Ergo this is all Dave Cameroon's fault.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do get the need for Ukraine to defend itself, etc, but Zelensky's tone has certainly shifted away from any kind of attempt to bring about peace. Granted, it was probably a very long shot, but all I can see from this whole scenario is a long, drawn out conflict with no winners. When the big guns (literally and figuratively) get involved more heavily, who knows where it might lead...

As for Corbyn? There's no guarantee that he'd still be PM, or even that Labour would be in power, now if he'd got in. No point aftertiming and, quite frankly, it's a pointless question, because Labour ISN'T isn't running the country.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
It literally doesn't matter what Sunak talks about, it always comes across as pure inauthentic cringe. At least Boris managed to make it seem like he believed some of his own BS.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Tories will see this as finally having a positive story. They’ll rightly ask what the position would’ve been like under Corbyn.

Doesn’t undo their utter shitness, and I appreciate NSC’s views are hardly nuanced - to the point of parody - but I applaud our nation’s position on Russia.
It’s almost the opposite to Trump’s latest musings on the horrific invasion where he seems to imply the USA should be strictly neutral.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Hardly seems likely given the regicide that is happening when things aren't going well. How many Tory prime ministers have we had now? Corbyn would either have been a revelation and led us to the promised land (he actually seems like he cares about people), or he'd have been a lunatic and been beheaded and replaced.

Butterfly effect; Labour winning could have meant Russia never invaded at all. Ergo this is all Dave Cameroon's fault.
You can trace it all back to the death of John Smith...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do get the need for Ukraine to defend itself, etc, but Zelensky's tone has certainly shifted away from any kind of attempt to bring about peace. Granted, it was probably a very long shot, but all I can see from this whole scenario is a long, drawn out conflict with no winners. When the big guns (literally and figuratively) get involved more heavily, who knows where it might lead...

As for Corbyn? There's no guarantee that he'd still be PM, or even that Labour would be in power, now if he'd got in. No point aftertiming and, quite frankly, it's a pointless question, because Labour ISN'T isn't running the country.
Peace is only possible when the raping, murdering, genocidal invading army is removed from Ukraine. Until then there will be war.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

All parties have been complicit in the Russian invasion by not removing them from Crimea 9 years ago. This is not the issue for party political point scoring on either side.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought this was going to be him talking about how good the albion were, but instead it's a political thread.
Why is the prefix 'football'?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Remember when boris couldn’t possibly be replaced because he is pals with Zelensky? That particular tory line was always comical but today’s photos just show what a load of cobblers it all was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here