Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stripped naked and tasered in police cell for being drunk!!!!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Did the man strip himself off?

If so, it must of been an electrifying performance.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Saw the picture in the Telegraph.
Apparently the man 'flicked' the cop with his boxer shorts.Seems extraordinary the guy was tazered for that.
Would like to know the whole story and how many warnings he was given before being tazered.
Very odd.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A drunk flicking a pair of wet boxers at a copper who has got two other officers at hand does not warrant being stunned by however many thousands of volts it is. It seems completely over the top. God knows what would have happened if he had thrown his shoes at him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thread title should read "Tasered for assaulting Police Officer" - got what he deserved imho

That's the policeman's get out of jail free card. They can do pretty much what they like and all they have to say is they were assaulted because their statement is always believed over the person they are arresting. I know two people this has happened to and they barely touched them.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He wasn't arrested for assault, he was charged with assaulting a police officer after slapping him with his wet boxers.
Why did he have his wet boxers in his hand? Because the poor, hard working police were doing a strip search just to humiliate the bloke.
Why were the boxers wet? Because the police pinned him in a puddle as they arrested him.

Yes, he almost certainly was a massive prat prior to being arrested but should that open him up to any of the above? No. Police should be more accountable for their actions but yet again we see them getting away scott-free.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's the policeman's get out of jail free card. They can do pretty much what they like and all they have to say is they were assaulted because their statement is always believed over the person they are arresting. I know two people this has happened to and they barely touched them.

But what the **** are they doing "touching" police?!?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The last time I pulled a pair of boxers off the RSPCA got involved :blush:

I remember when you pulled your briefs off that time and the judge sent you and your solicitors out of his court.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tasered for being a complete tool.

Warning: learn how to handle your drink, and don't be a complete prick if you end up getting arrested.

I can see how the copper thought he was under threat...... I mean.... Damp underpants... Daaaangerous.
This is why your average copper can never be armed in this country. I am presuming the guy who fired the taxer has had training on it...... Scary.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But what the **** are they doing "touching" police?!?

One had been pepper sprayed while having a "domestic" argument with a mate. Basically they had a hold of each other outside the pub and it wouldn't have come to anything but a passing car saw it so they jumped out and pepper sprayed them, not being able to see my mate grabbed onto the closest thing to him which happened to be a copper. He got charged with assault.

The other one was being a dickhead in the kebab shop and answering their phone, they called the police who arrested him but he refused to put handcuffs on so 6 of them put him on the floor and smashed his head into the ground. He resisted arrest but it was no more then a scuffle. I've actually seen the CCTV of that one, funnily enough it moved away while they did the head smashing!

Both of these incidents were the people's own fault in the first place and they shouldn't have been doing what they were doing, but what I'm trying to say is that when a copper has used excessive force in a situation and is a bit worried about a complaint being made about them it's standard practice to pin an "assault on a police officer" charge first. That way if there's any susequent complaint it just becomes a case of I'll drop mine if you drop yours.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yes, I read it that the assault charge was for flicking the boxers after being stripped b****** naked.
It appears the bloke was only arrested for being drunk and disorderly. Is this normal practice then to be stripped searched just for being D & D? or was the copper on a power trip?
No other reasons for arrest were mentioned and the case against the bloke was dropped. It was the copper taken to court, which he won, but is subject of an internal investigation.
Also, does a Chief Constable have the power to refuse a judges direction?
Strange case all in all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Being naked in a cell with a policeman and an electric tool is the stuff of dreams for several people on here.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Deserved everything he got. If he hadn't zapped him and the copper had got a slap, all the usual do-gooders on here be creaming their pants.

If you f*** up a after a night on the sauce, expect the consequenses

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There were three coppers in the room. The zapping one hid the tazer behind his back. The drunk slapped him lightly with the boxers then stepped further back probably realising his mistake. Tazer cop eyeballs him for a couple of seconds then zaps him and holds the trigger down while he's convulsing on the ground.
I know we cant get rid of every aggressive prat on the force as there wouldn't be enough left to run the service but the lack of action in a case like this undermines what little confidence the public havevin the service and makes the job of decent coppers harder.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was saw the Police pull a young man out of his car, undoubtedly for the correct reason.

They then him up against a wall and punched him in the stomach. I know what I saw it was a few metres away.

Just like the above I have no sympathy really for the young man but was very uncomfortable with what effectively was assault.

No reason for it at all.

Dec 29, 2011
If you look at that video he slapped him round the face with his pants, rather than throwing at them, which is subtly different.

The guy wasn't posing a threat though and he wasn't being aggressive. I would have thought tasers are used to subdue someone who poses a threat. He isn't posing a threat, it seems the officer has just tasered the bloke because he slapped him with underwear and wanted his own back.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ah right so 'being a tool' is grounds for on the spot tasering from anyone with the intellect to become a police officer is it? (Read: not a whole lot)

Because you're clearly a massive tool and I'm not very bright.

Now where did I put that Taser?

You are the same person that claimed there was NEVER justification to break the law EVER aren't you ???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Deserved everything he got. If he hadn't zapped him and the copper had got a slap, all the usual do-gooders on here be creaming their pants.

If you f*** up a after a night on the sauce, expect the consequenses

He was naked. There were THREE coppers in the cell. Do you REALLY think he posed a threat and needed to be tasered? No.

The powertripper shouldn't be allowed to work in the force again, but we ALL know that that will never happen, more likely to be given a promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here