Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Rooney

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
OH wait, Gus needs a target man....sorry.....

Drogba

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Boyd

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This. Murray and CMS is a dream partnership. Still cant believe we let him go for nothing. Hang your head in shame gustavo

TB

Although he left us on a free transfer and I may be wrong, I understood that going to palace, or indeed any other club, that he ( or his agent ) would have been looking for a signing on fee which would not have been insubstantial.

Who knows how far GP was prepared to go to meet him on that but, it seems, loyalty to the club was not apparently on the agnda.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
im not a fan of paynter & what roll he plays i don't know but since he has arrived we have started getting results.

if we were creating chances & not taking them then a striker maybe the answer but we are not creating chances so what would another striker give us that we haven't got.

we need a big strong midfielder that can run past the strikers & still help the defence.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
TB

Although he left us on a free transfer and I may be wrong, I understood that going to palace, or indeed any other club, that he ( or his agent ) would have been looking for a signing on fee which would not have been insubstantial.

Who knows how far GP was prepared to go to meet him on that but, it seems, loyalty to the club was not apparently on the agnda.

He would have stayed if we paid him what he is worth. To think we are paying wages for Barn door Billy and the likes of Roland Bergkamp, Although I love Gus, this was his biggest mistake so far

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This. Murray and CMS is a dream partnership. Still cant believe we let him go for nothing. Hang your head in shame gustavo

And how many goals has he scored this season without Elliot Bennett supplying the ammunition? He's not as good as a lot of our fans think he was.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
And how many goals has he scored this season without Elliot Bennett supplying the ammunition? He's not as good as a lot of our fans think he was.

Don't make me laugh. Any genuine Brighton fan would know that them 2 as a partnership would be amazing

Feb 14, 2010
Murray, just for the comedy factor of being able to say to palace.."we shouldn't have let him go and so we will have him back to help our push back to the top flight. Now have some loose change from our sell out crowds to help you out with your half empty ground".

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Billy Paynter

What?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here