Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker problem..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
With Revell out for the season, (thanks to Sullivan's over zealous goalkeeping) I think we are in a weee bit of trouble upfront.

Jakey is good enough, but is only young. We can't pin all our expectations on him, and Gatting.. we'll.. he leaves alot to be desired in my book. Hopefully he'll come good but I wouldn't bet on it.

Time to play that Elder fella? Although talk about being thrown in the deep end!

Time to bring in a loan if we can! What's Trever Benjamin doing nowadays! :clap2:

Or recall Santos and play him as a target man! No idea.. glad I'm not the manager!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I heard Kanchelskis is training with the squad......:ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Beckham in not due to play for another 6 months....get him in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maheta Molango is still TECHNICALLY on the books. Are we actually desperate enough to give him his second start in two and a half years? Or is that just crazy talk?

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
How about getting Scott Ramsey back from Eastbourne? Straight replacement for Revell? ???

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Biscuit said:

Time to bring in a loan if we can! What's Trever Benjamin doing nowadays! :clap2:

i actually watched big trev come on as a late sub for peterboro last nite

forgot wat a size he is

didnt get much time or service 2 make an impression but i think in the position we r in he could do a job for us and said so 2 my brother last nite .

we cant rely on jakey as biscuits said gatts has got a lot 2 prove (being polite) and elder surely aint ready yet?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dave the Gaffer said:
Beckham in not due to play for another 6 months....get him in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for that.
:rolleyes:

I don't see how Molango can be any worse than Gatting! Worth a gamble if Elder is..

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I would like to see what Elder can do, with Gatting on the bench.

Molango has played for us this season when Deano was desperate and wouldn't be a surprise to me if he is used. However, a loan signing of Bowditch or Benjamin etc. would be preferred.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
We are looking to unload Tony Thorpe [ex Luton, Colchester etc] can still do a job. He is fit, has recently been at Grimsby on loan but he does not fit in with the current Stevenage set up.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Oh dear......the chickens have come home to roost (or whatever the saying is!) Why do we always wait until the last minute,then say how thin the squad is???
Same old bullshit!:yawn:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Boroseagull said:
We are looking to unload Tony Thorpe [ex Luton, Colchester etc] can still do a job. He is fit, has recently been at Grimsby on loan but he does not fit in with the current Stevenage set up.
Tony Thorpe wont be any good for us if he has been on loan at Grimsby, they are assembling a squad fit for playing in the Conference next season.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
seagullsovergrimsby said:
Tony Thorpe wont be any good for us if he has been on loan at Grimsby, they are assembling a squad fit for playing in the Conference next season.
would av said the same about cuerton last season when mcphee was keeping him out the swindon team now look at how well he's doing in the championship.thorpe and cureton r very similar might be worth a punt better than no1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just goes to show the deadwood the Albion are carrying, even with a small squad. Crying out for a midfielder, but Doug Loft is ruled completely out of the picture. Gagging for a striker, but ditto Maheta Molango.

Just won't do :nono:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Molango should be given a last chance. What a debut at reading :clap2:

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Serious reality check time.

We are in the shit, and we know it. There is no money, one person is keeping the club afloat with their investment, and although they may keep doing it until Falmer is built, it doesn't leave any money to strengthen the squad.

It's my understanding that our break even figure for Withdean is just over 7,000, which means that even for the Millwall game, we lost approx 20k, for the Blackpool game in October, that was more like 40k.

We can't afford to sign anybody - Andy Naylor's piece was spot-on today. I've accepted it, a new manager is not needed, because it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seagull73 said:
Serious reality check time.

We are in the shit, and we know it. There is no money, one person is keeping the club afloat with their investment, and although they may keep doing it until Falmer is built, it doesn't leave any money to strengthen the squad.

It's my understanding that our break even figure for Withdean is just over 7,000, which means that even for the Millwall game, we lost approx 20k, for the Blackpool game in October, that was more like 40k.

We can't afford to sign anybody - Andy Naylor's piece was spot-on today. I've accepted it, a new manager is not needed, because it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Maybe the famous DK luck will hold and the club will go to Wembley in the Johnston's Piss Pot. Probably at the expense of a League One place next season. But should flog a few DVDs aye?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here