Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker problem

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think Barnes will be let go at the end of the season , the early indicator will be if he is given a contract extension or not before March/April if not he will be on the released list. CMS , providing he remains injury free and scores a few goals will be sold to finance bringing in his replacement. Hoskins will be released though mutual consent and have his contract paid up

Who the **** is going to waste money on McSmudger

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said on another thread I honestly believe that OG is giving the existing squad until Christmas to be up and running and showing their worth and that come January there will be 3 or 4 significant ins and outs. Just enough time to impress before Season ticket renewals

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What will cost more, FFP penalties, or 6 or 7 thousand lost season ticket sales? It might be as simple an equation as this.

Would it be easier to hang a sign around your neck saying 'I am a moron' ? It would save you all that typing.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think Barnes will be let go at the end of the season , the early indicator will be if he is given a contract extension or not before March/April if not he will be on the released list. CMS , providing he remains injury free and scores a few goals will be sold to finance bringing in his replacement. Hoskins will be released though mutual consent and have his contract paid up

Sell Barnes in the Jan window, Pay off Hoskins.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not every striker at a club has to be a prolific one . Getting rid of Barnes makes no sense . Most clubs have at least 5 strikers .
He is still an option and can produce all be it sporadically .

He isn't suited to this formation but I'd be happy to keep . He is versatile as well so worth a place on bench

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hoskins : Career probably over
Mackail-Smith : Who knows?
Ulloa : Still brill (hopefully)
Barnes : Just not good enough

Burke and Oscar have a lot of work to do in the next couple of months.

if you are going to be brutally honest none of the above fit into a club striving for the premiership

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The fact that half of those ended last season with long term injuries says it all.

I'm proud to support a club that is prepared to stand by Hoskins.
I'm also gutted I support a club that would cut it's own nose off just to be honourable.

Or current problems should have been sorted out at the first available opportunity.
It's probably the one thing we all agree in, judging by the sharp intakes of breath around the stadium, every time Ulloa hit the deck this season.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Not every striker at a club has to be a prolific one . Getting rid of Barnes makes no sense . Most clubs have at least 5 strikers .
He is still an option and can produce all be it sporadically .

He isn't suited to this formation but I'd be happy to keep . He is versatile as well so worth a place on bench

just what have you seen in the last seven games to back up your statement re Barnes 'producing sporadically' ??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have the solution!

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 32m
W:12: GOOAAL! Barton's corner finds Waine at the far post, who nods home. #BHAFC 1 #ETFC 0
W:19: GOOAAL! Agg turns on the edge of the area and strikes her shot loop over Cripps. #BHAFC 2 #ETFC 0
W:25: GOOAAL! Barton catches Cripps off her line with a perfectly timed shot from distance. #BHAFC 3 #ETFC 0
W:33: GOOAAL! Carter scores her first for the club with a strike from distance. #BHAFC 4 #ETFC 0
W:35: GOOAAL! Young's strike is spilled by Cripps and the ball rolls into the net. #BHAFC 5 #ETFC 0
W:37: GOOAAL! Albion are taking advantage of the wet conditions, as Stenning shoots into the bottom corner. #BHAFC 6 #ETFC 0

(also, unfortunately:
W:41: Play is stopped due to the deteriorating weather conditions here at Woodside Road. #BHAFC 6 #ETFC 0)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Getting rid of Barnes makes no sense .

There was a time I would have agreed but to me he's now playing like a player who doesn't want to be here, Whether it was Gus leaving or his head was turned by the offers we turned down I don't know but if he doesn't want to be here then come January it's time to get shot.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't suppose Nathan Jones has a chance to see Macca play. I doubt if he will make any difference whatsoever when /if ever returns. He does run around a lot and may take the pressure off Ulloa.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't suppose Nathan Jones has a chance to see Macca play. I doubt if he will make any difference whatsoever when /if ever returns. He does run around a lot and may take the pressure off Ulloa.

whats Nathan jones got to do with it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

IMHO...

Hoskins : Was just starting to come very good when he got that injury. Keep
Mackail-Smith : Who knows? I know. Runs about like a superannuated Alex Revell in parts of the pitch where his presence is worthless. Sell
Ulloa : Still brill (hopefully) Best of an average bunch, but not irreplaceable by any means. Keep
Barnes : Just not good enough. Sadly agree now. Had more than enough chances to step into the breach and make his mark at this level. Not going to happen now. Sell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here