Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strike law reforms

Strike law reforms - good or bad thing?

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just shows what a hypocrite you are, let others fight and you want what they win. Go out and fight for your own pay increases and better conditions if you hate unions so much not leech off others

As usual from yourself very aggressive reply...Why do you think I`m a hypocrite?...why do you think I hate Unions so much? For your info if I want pay increase I work longer hours and being self employed definitely do not Leech off others.

It`s the Unionist often bullying attitude ,pitting their members against public interest and putting their members up as the repressed heroes when generally they are not......Thats what I don`t like about some unions....Can you see that or are you blinkered....Union Man??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bob Crow must be turning in his grave at the apathy from the Labour Party and wider trade union movement regarding this proposal. I'm not sure it's necessary at all for this legislation. A look at ONS statistics for strike activity over the last 20 years shows no upward trend, there's peaks and troughs linked to specific disputes but I'd say the most paralysing strike we've had in the last 20 years wasn't even official - it was the fuel depot blockade. Has the UK become paralysed by strikes and at the mercy of unions? I don't think so.

2mxmsdf.jpg

There's always going to be strikes, it's part of a healthy democracy and a fundamental part of the UK trade union movement's weaponry in its perceived war for workers' rights. I think aside from the relative merits in this 40% threshold there's most definitely an element of the Tories further weakening the political muscle of the trade unions and fair do's to the Tories if that's their aim as they see certain unions are a barrier to innovation and change. This and the legislation to have to opt in for political donations will hurt the union movement hard.

So why aren't Labour apoplectic with rage about it? Why are the trade unions not making this a huge issue for their members? This legislation will probably go through with nothing more than grumbles and whimpers from the opposition because although they're happy to take union money, after Miliband's humiliation they don't seem so keen to be associated with them but I'd have a darn sight more respect for the Labour candidate who draws the line in the sand on these issues and states that the Labour Party was founded by co-operatives and unions, its funded by co-operatives and unions and will oppose these measures because many of the freedoms and rights that UK workers enjoy today were hard fought through strike action and trade union pressure and it's still relevant. We probably wouldn't have a public postal service today, such that it is, if it wasn't for strike action by posties in the last 20 years.

I wish I'd said all that :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here