Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] **Strictly Come Dancing 2021 Official Thread**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Love Strictly.

Partly because I love the escapism and the sparkle of it.
Partly because it’s the only way I can watch beautiful, scantily-clad Eastern European women gyrating around on a Saturday night without entering my credit card details.

Eastern European you say? ???

Have they been granted a special working visa, and will they be thrown out of the country after the show is over, as is right and proper?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A fantastic first week for our strictly stars. Nobody let themselves down and some incredible week one performances. Sad to report Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden have both tested positive for Covid putting their further participation in grave danger.

:nono:

I heard that Florence and The Machine were booked to do interlude music, but she sadly failed a lateral Flo test.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't normally get involved with Strictly or any threads talking about it. But I'm waiting for files to copy to my external drive and have 5 minutes, well 18 to be precise.
I've nothing against the show, indeed it is very popular, but as a non watcher I do get fed up of having it shoved down my throat all day every day on every BBC TV & Radio show.
BBC Breakfast TV will go on & on & on about it. Strange how they always have someone from that programme on the show. I wonder if ITV put up one of their breakfast show presenters they would have them on? Expect the answer to be Yes just for the publicity.
13 minutes, 10,000 files and 1.69GB to go still. Where did all these old emails come from?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't normally get involved with Strictly or any threads talking about it. But I'm waiting for files to copy to my external drive and have 5 minutes, well 18 to be precise.
I've nothing against the show, indeed it is very popular, but as a non watcher I do get fed up of having it shoved down my throat all day every day on every BBC TV & Radio show.
BBC Breakfast TV will go on & on & on about it. Strange how they always have someone from that programme on the show. I wonder if ITV put up one of their breakfast show presenters they would have them on? Expect the answer to be Yes just for the publicity.
13 minutes, 10,000 files and 1.69GB to go still. Where did all these old emails come from?

It's a family favourite, it's one of those feel good programmes and classic saturday evening viewing.

I would also say hats off to the BBC for their covid protocols. I noticed the audience was far smaller than previous years (probably around 10% of usual) and socially distanced, and there were thick perspex screens between the judges. All strictly stars are in bio secure bubbles and not allowed to mix with the other strictly stars meaning although the sad news about Tom and Amy getting covid, it will not spread like the rest of society and the show can go on.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Haven’t watched this for the last four or five years, but our household will be taking an interest, as we know one of the new pro dancers, who went to primary school with my lads (Kai Widdrington).

Saw it for the first time on Saturday as Rose Ayling-Ellis is a family friend. Well we actually turned off after her as it is a bloody long programme. Maybe I'll get hooked but the jury is out right now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really? Is he related to former Saints player Tommy at all?

Sorry, just saw this. Yes, as [MENTION=30352]McTavish[/MENTION] has said, Kai is Tommy Widdrington's lad. Good footballer himself, as a kid, but chucked himself into his pro dancing career, and doing well.

His brother Theo, chose football. Was briefly at Pompey, but currently non-league.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What did everyone think of our Strictly stars this week?

???

Disappointed to see Nadia leave but someone has to be first to go. Standard this year is so high, John and Johannes the highlight for me, what a performance and so much chemistry.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My top 3 is the two J’s, the lass from Blackburn AJ and Rhys. Although around week 5 ish a decent one seems to go, like Ashton and gabby, so Rhys should be worried.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, as [MENTION=30352]McTavish[/MENTION] has said, Kai is Tommy Widdrington's lad. Good footballer himself, as a kid, but chucked himself into his pro dancing career, and doing well.

His brother Theo, chose football. Was briefly at Pompey, but currently non-league.

All we commented on was that Kai looks a lot older than 26!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another entertaining week from our strictly stars. Gutted to see Greg Wise go, his Macarena was so fun and he's one of the most entertaining contestants.

Gutted to hear another of our strictly stars Judi Love has tested positive for Covid and will miss this week. Get well soon Judi.

:nono:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Saw it for the first time on Saturday as Rose Ayling-Ellis is a family friend. Well we actually turned off after her as it is a bloody long programme. Maybe I'll get hooked but the jury is out right now.

We record the show and cut out most of the 'chat' etc ... except for my favourites ... of which Rose is one :thumbsup: She's been amazing and I hope she's there right until the end.

Love Amy (pro dancer) too ... the programme before this year's Strictly started about how she has to deal with Crohn's was incredible. Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis is debilitating ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Judi won’t be dancing this week, having rested positive for covid. I felt for Rob, who had to retire, due to advice from his cardiologist.
I completely agreed with Greg going. It was typical Dad dancing.

I like Dan, AJ, Rhys and Rose.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
My Wife (an ST holder) LS extremely fed up that's have so many Saturday 5.30 matches meaning she can't watch Strictly live.😡

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Judi won’t be dancing this week, having rested positive for covid. I felt for Rob, who had to retire, due to advice from his cardiologist.

Greg is sheer entertainment though like Shirley said, he was one of our favourite Strictly stars. There are better dancers but nobody more entertaining. John and Johannes to win for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Greg is sheer entertainment though like Shirley said, he was one of our favourite Strictly stars. There are better dancers but nobody more entertaining. John and Johannes to win for us.

Rob was far more entertaining in my opinion. Greg was too full of himself.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I agree about both Rob and Greg.

My favourites are John, Rose and AJ and would like to see all three in the final.

My Wife (an ST holder) LS extremely fed up that's have so many Saturday 5.30 matches meaning she can't watch Strictly live.😡

The only one I watch live is the final. It’s rather early down here to get up to watch it generally!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We record the show and cut out most of the 'chat' etc ...

Mrs P and I do the same. Only watch it for the dancing and can't stand all the bollox that goes with it. It got to the stage where if I heard Tess Daly say "Oooo a standing ovation / the judges are on their feet" one more time my fist was going through the telly :lolol:

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Our strictly stars didn't dissapoint for Musicals week. Sad to see Tom and Amy go, you could see how upset she was about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here