Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strickers jordan rhodes and rudy gestede available.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Steve Stricker is a 48 year old golfer - sounds about right for one of our forwards.

I vote for Ted Striker. Look at the sweat he worked up.
Ted%20Striker.jpg

:lolol: Get them both in, can't be any worse than what we have now.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Did Forest ever get a transfer embargo ? If so, when did it end ?

Well they couldn't sign anyone in January other than loanee's or free transfers. No idea when it ends but I heard Stuart Pearce on the radio the other day and I'm sure he said the embargo is for 2 more windows, so if right they can't buy anyone this summer or next January.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
best we are likely to get is l2/l1 Starlets or wannabe prem players who cant get into the team as a loanie. Won't be any different from previous seasons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they couldn't sign anyone in January other than loanee's or free transfers. No idea when it ends but I heard Stuart Pearce on the radio the other day and I'm sure he said the embargo is for 2 more windows, so if right they can't buy anyone this summer or next January.

As far as I'm aware, their transfer embargo remains until they meet FFP so it could well be another two windows.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

So why are brighton worried about ffp. We only sign loanees at the best of times. Wouldn't change much

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Rhodes and Gestede...out of the two of them I'd have the latter,but the paper reckons he will cost £7m. Rhodes £10m +
For either player we are up against,Palace,West Ham and West Brom.....dream on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As far as I'm aware, their transfer embargo remains until they meet FFP so it could well be another two windows.

According to an article on the Football League website the embargoes placed on Blackburn Rovers , Leeds United :lolol: and Nottingham Forest can be lifted at the end of this season if they can prove they've met the FFP guidelines for 2014/2015 and not made a loss exceeding £6M. All they need to do is use the QPR accountants :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
According to an article on the Football League website the embargoes placed on Blackburn Rovers , Leeds United :lolol: and Nottingham Forest can be lifted at the end of this season if they can prove they've met the FFP guidelines for 2014/2015 and not made a loss exceeding £6M. All they need to do is use the QPR accountants :lol:

this is why I AWAYS read your post they always make me laugh, we must be long lost twins

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can guarantee that if Rhodes signs for either us or Forest, he'll be utter gash by December.

I guarantee that if he chooses to sign for us he will have just had a lobotomy, it's not going to happen whilst he is playing with a full deck, I can't see us paying more than a max of 3 million for a player under any circumstances these days, 300k sounds a more likely figure for players we do sign.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would be ecstatic to sign two players who would likely fit in to a lower PL team.

Of course so would most of the teams in our division, as well as a few in the PL itself.

Basically, snowball's chance in hell of it happening.

Edit; And not just due to money/FFP. Why would two players of their calibre, who are likely to attract serious attention, choose us at the moment?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Classic.

Get excited about a pair of strikers we are unlikely to afford so we can have a good old moan when we do sing someone in our price range.

We won't be spending 10 million on the squad let alone one player.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We've no chance of paying the transfer fee or the wages needed for those types of players. No doubt we are looking abroad were there is better value, in the hope of uncovering another Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here