Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Street parking in Coldean area

southcoastdaz

Feb 24, 2009
Hi all.
I am thinking of driving over for evening games instead of using the train. Does anyone know if it is possible to park on Coldean Lane or just off it in the evenings, and if so how long the walk back to the Amex would take? Are there footpaths from that area directly to the ground?
Thank you in advance for any good advice.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yes loads of fans are already doing it on a regular basis. Last night Coldean Lane was full by 6.30 so make sure you get there early, however there is space in other areas of Coldean.

If you do park in Coldean, please ensure you park considerately and not block driveways or on yellow lines. Some of the residents are already getting twitchy.

It is about a 15/20 minute walk to the ground, some fans walk along the path through the woods opposite the hikers. Some walk along the A27.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm afraid the residents will just have to get used to it, as it's not going to stop. We can't have non-parking areas a 20 minute walk from the ground, and at the end of the day, if you have a valid road tax, you can park there.

:shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i notice there wer signs up last night re the entrance to Rushlake Rd..advising no footie parking...now..which car is which? hmmm

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anywhere within 5 mins of hikers seems fair game and no problems

... and further. I live in the heart of Coldean, about 10 minutes from the Hiker's and I saw several fans coming out of cars near me.

How long before Council/Police pick on that area, to deter or outlaw it?

They can't do anything as long as people park legally. Whether that will change in the future remains to be seen but residents will be very unhappy if Coldean is turned into a parking zone.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I know quite a few Mill Road P&R's from speaking to them in the queue last Saturday that are parking in Coldean this Saturday, they were under the impression there was a legal ban on parking there until they saw the Argus piece and realised it was advisory only.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Contrary to the scaremongering on here, I sit with a Coldean resident at matches who says he's heard no complaints from anyone in his street about the match day traffic. He got a cold call from the Argus about it and told the reporter that as far as he's aware people generally are not up in arms at all.

I'm sure there are a few that don't like it that are making a lot of noise but he reckons it's being blown out of proportion. Provided people don't block drives, what's the big deal? It would be good to have stewards and the threat of towaway trucks to make sure people are considerate.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Surely there's a hige big, FREE carpark just down from Coldean Lane called the Wild Park. After all, travellers are allowed to park there with no hassle and all of you will be 'travelling'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely there's a hige big, FREE carpark just down from Coldean Lane called the Wild Park. After all, travellers are allowed to park there with no hassle and all of you will be 'travelling'

:lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How long before Council/Police pick on that area, to deter or outlaw it?

The council could, I suppose, implement a residents' parking scheme in time, if it was really a problem, but that's expensive and takes ages to get organised.

They- and the police- can't do anything if you're not contravening any parking regulations, or blocking entrances. Make sure your vehicle is all taxed and insured and there's frankly not a lot they can do. Apart from being mean to the Albion next time we have a planning application to go through I suppose.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Wont be long before parking is allowed in Stanmer Park. Cars allowed in for festivals etc.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Please note anyone looking to park in Coldean Lane tomorrow, the students are all back and still have limited parking in Varley Hall because of building work.

Therefore Coldean Lane/Rushlake Road/Hawkurst is busier than has been so far this season (and they have less consideration for parking than football fans!).

If you are aiming to park in Coldean arrive a little earlier to get a space, or be prepared for a longer walk than normal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here