Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Golden Brown

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
There was a great period in the early 80's where synths were being used by some great heavy duty bands - Killing Joke and DAF were two of my faves! Joke are stil going strong today and in my opinion as good as ever. New Order were great live too - even though he couldn't sing! haha

Have you got Killing Joke's last album, Absolute Dissent? Their best, and one of my all-time favourites by any band. Thirty years into their career, and KJ are still producing blistering track like 'The Great Cull'. Geordie Walker is a criminally under-rated guitarist (a kind of new wave Tony Iommi - a master of riffs).

Agree too, about New Order live - Pete Hook was (like JJB) a brilliant bassist, and great to watch; bass down by his knees, so he had to bend forwards, legs splayed, to reach the strings!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Stranglers are my favourite band of all time since 1977. Their concert at the Brighton Dome in 2010 was the greatest concert I have ever seen, it was sublime.

Down in the Sewer
Walk on By

Show their musicianship for the ridiculous talent they collectively had. They just blew the other bands out of the water in the late 70's for their musicianship.

For a 2 minute blast of absolute shock and awe try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k43z8_JjtR0

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It used to be great when the intro to 'Peaches' came on the radio and you were hoping and praying that the DJ would play the 'wrong' version and have to spend the next ten minutes apologising for it! :lol:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
They are back in Brighton next March if old Jet can keep going.

My favourite band of all time but my personal song favourites change.

In your poll I would have to say Nice 'n' Sleazy because of the bass line but I am currently hooked on Ice plus Baroque Bordello from The Raven and Grip. Go Buddy Go is a classic that often gets overlooked.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
They are back in Brighton next March if old Jet can keep going.

My favourite band of all time but my personal song favourites change.

In your poll I would have to say Nice 'n' Sleazy because of the bass line but I am currently hooked on Ice plus Baroque Bordello from The Raven and Grip. Go Buddy Go is a classic that often gets overlooked.

couple of good shouts here,baroque (fantastic intro) and go buddy go (should of been on rattus instead of ugly)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Raven

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
There was a great period in the early 80's where synths were being used by some great heavy duty bands - Killing Joke and DAF were two of my faves! Joke are stil going strong today and in my opinion as good as ever.

So are DAF - I saw them just last Friday. :thumbsup:

Superb, even if Gabi doesn't leap about quite so manically as he did 30 years ago.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
FFS - Something Better Change!

But I hve such fond memories of wandering around italia 90 world cup to the shimmering beauty that is "Always the sun"................

But SO many good songs.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here