Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strange things people do at the Amex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Smoking in the NS loos cubicle yesterday, the stench was obvious.
I've been into the NS concourse from the WU 3 times this season post match for a few pints to kill time for the train queues to thin out and without fail each time in the toilets I've found the urinals to have in them:
1. Cigarette butts.
2. Vomit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There are some little flat bits on the top of the urinals at the Amex, you can place the beer on top of those, of course I would never dream of bringing a beer into the toilet, but IF I did (which I definitely do not), that is what I would do. Ultimately they are useless to me as this is something I would NEVER do.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Had someone in front of us who cuts around the top of the pie, eats the inside with a spoon then leaves the outside. Another who takes a bite out of his burger before KO wraps it up and puts it back in his pocket and repeats through the match, last mouthful around 85min. Before the flask ban friend of mine in ESU said there was a guy who kept hot dogs in his hot water flask and made them up with buns from his pocket.

That last bit reminded me of perhaps the greatest forum post of all time. The Sunderland fan who forgot his pocket cheese

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
new Japanese fan in front of me streams every game. Can see all the chat box comments scrolling down his screen, in Japanese of course, with a huge camera attachment on the top of his phone.
He has a very steady hand.
How does he manage to get a signal for the full 90 mins? i can't even get a signal to check other footy scores.

new Japanese fan in front of me streams every game. Can see all the chat box comments scrolling down his screen, in Japanese of course, with a huge camera attachment on the top of his phone.
He has a very steady hand.
Bit weird/annoying that. Apart from the Ecuadorian lad, others do not pay attention to the match apart from themselves and the camera, really baffle me.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
week in week out an elderly man returns to his seat at half time in W1C just when everyone is pilling down the stairs to the bar.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
true story this- (military) SAC(Senior Aircraftsman) (think army lance-corporal) having a piss at the urinal, when pilot officer (lowest commisioned RAF Rank-akin to just out of nappies-thinks they are god because they are commisioned but rely completly of the SACs to even get to work) comes in and procedes to take a leak. SAC finishes up and heads towards the exit, when the Pilot Officer pipes up- "officers wash their hands" , quick as a flash SAC responds with- "Airmans cocks are big enough that we dont piss all over our hands sir"
Pretty grim not washing your hands then trying to justify it by saying you've got a massive dick.

Presuming this is middle or north stand - strange group of young lads keep chanting about cleaning bins?
Yes it is, I’ve heard a story about why that is, because we wondered too. The subject person I am talking about (chant man) was seen posing for a rap album, which was produced in protest, about his bins not being emptied, on the front page of The Argus. Quote odd but it amused us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's a guy in the North Stand (if he's who I think he is, I used to work with him many moons ago and his name is Richard) who disappears off into the concourse for a piss/beer around 30/35 minutes every game. I only notice this – from ESL – because every time he does it he bangs on one of the metal signs to the tune of the 'der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der BRIGHTON' chant :lol:

Not sure if that counts as strange, but it makes me laugh every game. I missed it/him on Saturday though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The relationship to expensive match programmes always seems a bit strange to me. Very many people just store them under their seat. I guess on the plus side it means they don't get folded. Tho on the minus side it means the entire row stands on them as they shuffle past to their seat. The kiosk arrangement re programmes is quite bonkers also. T'other week I actually saved the club about thirty quid. The wobbly-handed server was about to pass me my brim-filled pint directly over a stack of pristine programmes lying on the counter. I actually yelled STOP!! Oh, and on Saturday, it was weirdest of all. As I was licking the contents of my molten Guest Pie off the wrapper, noticed an unattended programme on the shelf nearby. It was from the Fulham game from two weeks ago. That's an epic fail right there on the part of a) the purchaser and b) the stadium cleaning staff. What gives?

And... RELAX! :smokin:

el punal

Perhaps he was going in for a piss with the two he did earlier?
Or better still, take the two back to the bar and claim that this ‘Fosters’ tastes of piss and get them replaced with two fresh pints - there, sorted! :drink:

Jul 7, 2003
I went to get a Neck Oil from the machine in the NS concourse before the game, and noticed it was rather smelly there.

As the beer poured, I turned to see a youngish man next to me telling a bewildered steward over-and-over that he'd shit himself...
You get Neck oil in the NS? Only Moretti from the the WSL dispenser.
Hop on the free wifi. Works pretty well these days.
Unless you want to use a gambling site in which case you are blocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here