Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange places to see a Brighton & Hove Coach

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
I live in leafy Ickenham near Uxbridge, my road is a very small lane off the main road, leading back to the main road in a U shape.

So this morning at 7am I was sitting having a cup of tea when a Brighton & Hove cream and red coach drove past the house. At first it did not click, then I thought what is that bus driving down the lane at 7am on a Monday morning? Its not even on a bus route.

Any bus company employees out there who know why or where it was supposed to be going?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mdotw said:
I live in leafy Ickenham near Uxbridge, my road is a very small lane off the main road, leading back to the main road in a U shape.

So this morning at 7am I was sitting having a cup of tea when a Brighton & Hove cream and red coach drove past the house. At first it did not click, then I thought what is that bus driving down the lane at 7am on a Monday morning? Its not even on a bus route.

Any bus company employees out there who know why or where it was supposed to be going?

Well it can't have been dropping trolley off this time :lol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
A bit of route planning for when we are in the conference i suspect........

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
Could well be, Hayes or Yeading by the time McGoo takes us down, bit far out for Brentford, Watford close but now dreaming ZZzzzzzzzzzz maybe QPR when they come down next season?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
As I pulled out from work this afternoon a van with either "Brighton Canoes" or "Sussex Canoes" painted on the side shot across my bow, in a leafy suburb of Gloucester.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
There was one parked opposite my office the other day. Having said that, I suppose it's not that strange in Westminster. I guess it was bringing a load of schoolchildren to see Parliament and Big Ben. I was down in Sturminster Newton in March to visit my Godfather's daughter. We went up to fetch her kids from a school sports day in Shaftesbury. I waited in the car and saw a sticker on a car the opposite side of the road. Guess what club the sticker was of?

:albion:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I -think- I saw one in Dublin once, at least it was the right colours and a UK reg but I'd overtaken it too fast to check and it didn't catch me up again.

Not as freaky for me as walking out of a shop on the Champs Elysees to see not one but two Bartons buses. They ran the school buses I used as a kid and do some local services, although they've now morphed in to a more modern transport firm. Never found out why they were there but I felt like I was being stalked...

D

Deleted User X18H

On the corner of the Drove and Dyke Road when I am late to meet my mates for a drink in town usually.......:angry: :angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
mdotw said:

Oooo Ickenham, very nice, one of my old stomping grounds, still got lots of mates who live there, you dont live down The Drive *loaded* by any chance?!! :lolol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can you see one just behind the ridge at the top of Mount Everest? You may just be able to make out the cream and red.
???
oe_main.2.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was one in my shoe cupbaord the other week. Pesky things.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
True fact: my old man saw a Brighton and Hove bus in the Falkland Islands. Seriously.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I once hollowed out a Siberian Tiger and there was a Brighton and Hove Coach inside.

It was in the old cream and orange colour scheme though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Reading FC used two Southdown open top buses for their victory parade.

Guess they don't have such things in Berkshire!

We should have refused to send them ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here