Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange case in the Argus.

I liken them to an American version of Squeeze ( who I also admire ), catchy tunes and clever lyrics." Hackensack", among many, is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ9EiXmV6k

Good call with the Squeeze comparison. Their most recent album I like, particularly "Cemetery Guns". How did we turn this into a "We like Fountains of Wayne" thread?

In a similar vein I love this track

Either the SR-71 original or the "Bowling For Soup" cover. Bizarrely I first came across it as a lively Richard Thompson acoustic cover!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
i. think this happened: laptop/computer was stolen in robbery. property was recovered in connection with other burglaries (this happens, usually after a s18 search of premises after arrest or police get a tip off and a warrant to search and find an alladdins cave of goodies). Computer was fired up in order to identify an owner and in looking through files to find owner.....oh dear.

That's probably not a bad shout. The police cannot just 'take a look' unless there is a lawful reason. Would be thrown out of court for not having the proper authority otherwise.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I had some items stolen from my car in the summer when I accidently left it unlocked. The Rozzers asked if there was anything that the crook touched that might have his fingerprints on. yes I replied, because the crook had pulled out 3 of my CD's from the glove compartment and put them on the passenger seat. Does that mean that Sussex police are copying my discs then as I have not had them back since July ? Looks like they are big fans of The Shins and Fountains of Wayne.

No, they'll be in a sealed evidence bag in the local g80/83 store. ones drugs, ones evidence, cant remember what way round it is. but they'll be in there, and the pc that booked them in is probably getting monthly e-mails demanding an 'action be taken' to which his/her answer will be 'enquiries pending, retain in store'. :thumbsup:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Presumably the prints are only on the outer case, not the actual CD inside?

Therefore, can the contents not be returned and just the case retained for "inquiries pending" ?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
i. think this happened: laptop/computer was stolen in robbery. property was recovered in connection with other burglaries (this happens, usually after a s18 search of premises after arrest or police get a tip off and a warrant to search and find an alladdins cave of goodies). Computer was fired up in order to identify an owner and in looking through files to find owner.....oh dear.

Except police indicated they had made no progress with the burglary and were unsure as to what had actually happened!!! As I said, strange.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have no problem with the book being thrown at him at all but what worries me is do the police routinely check peoples computers when they are called on other business.

No they don't. So you can safely assume it's come to light via other means.

End of debate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, they'll be in a sealed evidence bag in the local g80/83 store. ones drugs, ones evidence, cant remember what way round it is. but they'll be in there, and the pc that booked them in is probably getting monthly e-mails demanding an 'action be taken' to which his/her answer will be 'enquiries pending, retain in store'. :thumbsup:

after a phone call in September I was told that things were moving quite fast and the items should be returned quite soon. .. that was September, I'm SO looking forward to my next phone call.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it was a case of the police looking into a possible insurance fraud job?

Or, maybe he just had something lying around which gave him away as a potential sex offender, resulting in him being arrested, and his property consequently being searched and items seized.

Simple.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here