Story Of The World Cup

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone remember those films , usually narrated by Sean Connery that tell the story of whatever world cup it is. They used to be on telly over Christmas back in the day...

Anyway, anyone know where one might acquire these films on DVD? Or VHS for that matter.....

The long winter evenings will simply fly by......

THanks

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
How can u have a long winter evening in south yarra ?

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I have a video called the story of the World cup, it's from the first one up to the current day but I think it was released in the 80's so it's not that up to date.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
South Yarra Seagull - I am the man!

Go to the video shop in Barkley Street St Kilda, the one with the snooker hall above it and the scary painting of Steve Davis with fried eggs for eyes on the wall.

There is a small sporting section in thre including the story of the 1982 world cup, narrated by Mr Connery!

PS are you a member of the Melbourne Seagulls? If so, we may have met.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Jimmy Saville said:
South Yarra Seagull - I am the man!

Go to the video shop in Barkley Street St Kilda, the one with the snooker hall above it and the scary painting of Steve Davis with fried eggs for eyes on the wall.

There is a small sporting section in thre including the story of the 1982 world cup, narrated by Mr Connery!

PS are you a member of the Melbourne Seagulls? If so, we may have met.

You need to get out more imo

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's hardly fair!

I used to live in Melbourne, my local video shop had three football video's (two about Man Utd and this one) and someone came on here who lives in Melbourne and is looking for the same video.

Bizarre coincidence admittedly, but it's not that sad!:salute:

Thanks Jimmy Saville, I will pop down to St Kilda on the weekend and check it out....

As for "How can u have a long winter evening in south yarra ?" very fricken easily...... THis is Melbourne and it might SAY 14c on the weather, but feels like 4c. Not that I am complaining, it will be 40c soon.....

Thanks again, now.....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
South Yarra, what do you do on long winter nights in Melbourne? It's about as warm here at the mo, and it's supposed to be the summer.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports