Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Stormy weather - Saturday 15 July

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A pretty rare summer occurence, this Saturday in SE England should see big winds. This would take out tents, trampolines, marquees.

In far lesser winds a couple of weeks ago, friends were at a nursing home in Southwick to celebrate a retirement, where a gust took the large marquee to half a block away.

IMG_4772.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The weather's meant to be even worse in the Midlands ... and we've chosen this weekend to scatter my mum's ashes on the river at Stratford. I have visions of us being covered in ashes as what's left of my mum is blown back at us

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And I was thinking of having a curry Sat night too

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. It could be worse though. I saw a heat map of Spain - in some parts of the interior, it showed up to 60 degrees C. This is not normal...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On a similar note, I see absolutely NO POINT in these so-called "wind turbines" we see dotted around everywhere now. There is quite enough natural wind to go around, especially on the coast, without these ugly great modernist electric windmills constantly spinning around generating even more of the stuff, at taxpayers expense I might add.

Who's bright idea was that then ? Probably Bill "Oddie", who seems to get a free pass for everything these days.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
On a similar note, I see absolutely NO POINT in these so-called "wind turbines" we see dotted around everywhere now. There is quite enough natural wind to go around, especially on the coast, without these ugly great modernist electric windmills constantly spinning around generating even more of the stuff, at taxpayers expense I might add.

Who's bright idea was that then ? Probably Bill "Oddie", who seems to get a free pass for everything these days.
Did you not know that they have a man in't flat cap pedalling furiously inside ?.
When they're stationary it's because yer man is having a cuppa 🤓.

Jul 7, 2003
In far lesser winds a couple of weeks ago, friends were at a nursing home in Southwick to celebrate a retirement, where a gust took the large marquee to half a block away.
Being put in a nursing home as soon as you retire seems a bit harsh - at least let them enjoy a little bit of freedom first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here