Collage roof sums it up nicely.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
IMAG0611.jpg

A few trees down around West Hoathly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Obviously some places got some damage and unfortunately a couple of deaths. However most of England got off with strong wind and a bit of rain. Amusing to hear the news channels trying to big it all up though. Rhetoric like "Rail services are gradually returning to normal after the devastating storm that ravaged Britain last night". For a start, it didn't, secondly they are making it sound as if the storm did damage enough to cease rail travel when we all know the trains were never meant to be running this morning as a safety measure.
In my area, where we were told to expect some of the worst damage it was a bit gusty but when I awoke this morning, blue skies, no damage to anything and the huge pile of leaves on the green exactly where it was all day yesterday.
What a load of scaremongering bollocks.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Obviously some places got some damage and unfortunately a couple of deaths. However most of England got off with strong wind and a bit of rain. Amusing to hear the news channels trying to big it all up though. Rhetoric like "Rail services are gradually returning to normal after the devastating storm that ravaged Britain last night". For a start, it didn't, secondly they are making it sound as if the storm did damage enough to cease rail travel when we all know the trains were never meant to be running this morning as a safety measure.
In my area, where we were told to expect some of the worst damage it was a bit gusty but when I awoke this morning, blue skies, no damage to anything and the huge pile of leaves on the green exactly where it was all day yesterday.
What a load of scaremongering bollocks.

Well it might be bollox to you but this is my car before the tree was removed this lunchtime!
zady3uhy.jpg
upavegap.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Very windy in Littlehampton last night (not my bum though).

Only issue was me standing out in it at 1:30 at one of the seals around the window frame in my back door was screwed (not a euphemism) and leaked water into the kitchen, so we had to do a makeshift recovery job by covering the door with bin liner and taping it in place (we didn't have any gaffer tape, or id've used that). Need to look at a new back door, really.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Well here in Hurstpierpoint I can report that a panel in my neighbour's fence came loose, a wheelie bin fell over and some leaves fell off the fig tree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here