Storm Watch 2013 **LIVE**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sun out in Cheshire - rather nice at the moment.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Warm and sunny in Seaford. As usual.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bugger - sun just gone behind cloud - ice age disaster.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've just been out to say goodbye to my shed and greenhouse.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've just been out to say goodbye to my shed and greenhouse.

I hope you told them that you'd pick them up from Kent in the morning.

I went down to the beach earlier...the wind is actually making the water go UP to beach! Then the wind drops and it goes back again. It keeps doing this, is it natural or a sign of impending carnage?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just come back from my allotment... RIP shed and all that sail in her. As captain I guess I should have stayed to the end but I have to work later.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Still blowing in what can only be describe as intermittent gusts broken by still or quiet air.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I hope you told them that you'd pick them up from Kent in the morning.

I went down to the beach earlier...the wind is actually making the water go UP to beach! Then the wind drops and it goes back again. It keeps doing this, is it natural or a sign of impending carnage?

The ice sheet in The Arctic is starting to melt.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There has to be a chance the game will be called off on Monday if it pans out as expected.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
http://www.buses.co.uk/news/story.aspx?articleid=2662 Brighton & Hove Buses covering themselves...the storm is coming...

Single decker buses are already operating on the 12 bus to/from Eastbourne, surprised they are running as normal between Eastbourne and Denton though - the road between Eastbourne and East Dean is hell in strong winds.

There has to be a chance the game will be called off on Monday if it pans out as expected.

Doubt it, the worst of it will be in the morning - you cant call a match off it is a bit blowy.....especially a Brighton game !!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's usually a problem in older stadiums if they have rickety old stands which may shed tiles/corrugated iron etc in high winds. I can clearly recall a football pitch about 50yds from the end of Selsey Bill. The local trees only grew to about 5 ft then they grew horizontally there was so much wind. Any team managed by Big Sam or Pulis would have cleaned up... well for 45 minutes at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports