Storm kicking off in the channel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'm in bournemouth tonight and the storm we just had was insane. Constant lightening and thunder for 30 minutes. Rain lashing down but whipping up off the road and absolutely pounding at the windows. Haven't seen a storm that intense ever in the UK. Even had a power cut!

I live in Christchurch and you're right, probably the most amazing storm I've ever experienced. You could hear the air crackling and at one point feel it. Insane.

The only difference is that we had sod all rain.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Missed Again.JPG

This is seven times the size of 18 July 2014 and we only got the edge of that in Sussex. So 20x the lightning and thunder over land and I thought 2014 as big as I remember in 50 years.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
View attachment 66628

This is seven times the size of 18 July 2014 and we only got the edge of that in Sussex. So 20x the lightning and thunder over land and I thought 2014 as big as I remember in 50 years.

I can see why I was woken at 2am this morning now..! Constant lightening, window shaking thunder and an intensity of rain that I've never experienced before in the UK going on for a good 30 minutes - was in incredible.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It was weird up here just outside Sharpthorne last night. Constant flashing between about 1150 pm and 1220 am, but no thunder at all and hardly a drop of rain. I don't think I've experienced just lightning before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports