Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Storm Eunice

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure Pol is going to be up for an intellectual discussion.

View attachment 145190

The Netherlands!?

Seems Johnson can't even deliver us from SHIT unelected EU storm names.

#notmybrexit
#rabblerabblerabble
#howshouldoneaccuratelyportraysarcasmonline

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can we get past Storm Dudley first.

My thoughts exactly. Although according to the Met Office I have had five hours of 40mph winds and heavy rain so far. We’ve actually had a few flurries of strong drizzle, accompanied by a gusty breeze. No water has come into my conservatory yet – and that’s the test of whether we are having bad weather or not. The wheelie bins are still standing - but then they're tougher up north!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's going to be a bit blowy up here.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The potential is there for the winds to be the strongest since the Burns Day storm back in 1990!
If it continues to develop as suggested, then if you can stay indoors on Friday then do it.

I remember looking out the window of the A&L admin building that day, watching a huge tree in Hove Park, rocking backwards and forwards. Inevitably, it eventually kept going and hit the ground in slow motion.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Getting smashed in West Wales , keep looking out the window to spot the return of my recycling bin from the last storm we had about 12 hours ago.

My Daughter and I are off to Pwlhelli this weekend to sail for 4 days. Saturday and Sunday looking doubtful but hiopefully get out Monday and Tuesday.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My thoughts exactly. Although according to the Met Office I have had five hours of 40mph winds and heavy rain so far. We’ve actually had a few flurries of strong drizzle, accompanied by a gusty breeze. No water has come into my conservatory yet – and that’s the test of whether we are having bad weather or not. The wheelie bins are still standing - but then they're tougher up north!

Just been out walking the dog - not too bad at the moment. 6pm kick off I understand.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just been out walking the dog - not too bad at the moment. 6pm kick off I understand.

Hope it’s a big dog. It could become a kite if on a long lead

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
4DB059A2-A6C6-4052-B1C2-291A4950915F.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just seen the BBC weather tonight and it sounds somewhat scary... 70mph winds between 10.00 and 13.00 .... I fear this could be the end of my tv ariel, greenhouse and polytunnel :eek:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just had a carrier bag blow past my window. WE SHALL REBUILD.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Some strong winds a month ago took out a 400 year old oak tree that went through an overhead power cable out our way. God knows what Eunice has in store for us but it doesn’t look pretty. Batten down the hatches folks!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Flying out not a problem BUT flying in will be very tasty indeed. Will be a fair few go arounds that’s for sure.
Sick bags at the ready.

Yeah but assume if it’s 60/70mph that’s gonna cause delays for departing too. I care more about the trip than the fear…don’t mind a good coaster :D

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In the old days they were just storms. Actually it was just a bit windy. Yes, that’s it. It was called Wind. And everyone went about their business as usual. Right now outside it’s just a bit blowy. That is all. Quite mild too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Flying out not a problem BUT flying in will be very tasty indeed. Will be a fair few go arounds that’s for sure.
Sick bags at the ready.

I’m no expert in aviation, but don’t planes usually need to land before they can take off again?

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I’m no expert in aviation, but don’t planes usually need to land before they can take off again?

And in order to land they need to take off. Landing in strong wind is far more risky than taking off.
It’s not busy enough to cause delays to departing flights and the wind won’t cause delays, i work there in operations so I shall be watching the landings on my cctv.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here