Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Storm Ciaran on its way or here?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
totes maze hun x :love:
Schitts Creek Kiss GIF by CBC

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
On several occasions in the small hours, I was woken by the wind making a high pitched squealing sound. I found it disconcerting.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My potted Acer fell over
Sad Cartoon GIF
We are in the middle of having some gardening work done at Block F cottage. Hmm, all looks okayish at the moment. Luckily the planting is in a more protected part of the garden.
Fingers remain crossed.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think the same. My mother lost part of her roof, her fence, shed etc in 1987, and it was a nightmare for weeks. Yes, we get the wheelie bins jokes etc, but elsewhere it is bad.
Think yourselves lucky.

Grump over.
I was living in Reigate in 1987 and lost my garden shed to next door. Thankfully that was the worst of it for my house, but trying to get around was a nightmare.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Bad day for us spelling pedants. Marrocco's has lost one its r's.View attachment 169054

Thankfully it wasn't the apostrophe as that would have got the punctuation pedants all in a tizzy.

* On that note I'm not sure that the apostrophe between the r and the s is needed in the r's at the end of your sentence as it is neither a possessive noun or an abbreviation. Although I must admit it is something I struggle with myself as the correct form rs or Rs doesn't quite look right, although I believe it is.

I notice that the same inclusion of the apostrophe is usually used when writing the plural form of DVDs and LPs as DVD's and LP's which is also incorrect, but it can perhaps be excused by the fact that DVD and LP are abbreviations, but then if that was the reason for its inclusion it should strictly be written as D'V'D's and L'P's.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Eye of the storm now over somewhere south east of Guildford, and heading for London.

We seem to be over the worst here in Brighton. Wheelie bin recovery teams can stand down.

It has been pretty quiet in Guildford, just rain. Mrs Orange drove to work in Reading earlier and reported a swift drive as all the roads were clear.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It has been pretty quiet in Guildford, just rain. Mrs Orange drove to work in Reading earlier and reported a swift drive as all the roads were clear.
Winds near the eye will be light. All the action was and still is, in the channel. Take a look at the gradient of the winds swirling to the south of the eye. It's that steep gradient that gives us the high winds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here