[Sussex] Storm Ciaran on its way or here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The eye is just to the north of us.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.png
    IMG_0320.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 76

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We definitely avoided the worst of it along this part of the coast.
I was up all night on shift in BN2 and apart from a few powerful gusts around 5/6am, it’s been quite pleasant. Blues skies now.
Usual scaremongering.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of minor flooding in Worthing about 06.30 this morning, roads were passable with care but, still scary.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stuff like this is why I don’t get why people think of things as a let down. Do people want this to happen to them so they have a story? Maybe I am just old and boring now but I will be perfectly happy if my fence doesn’t blow down and car get crushed by a tree.
I think the same. My mother lost part of her roof, her fence, shed etc in 1987, and it was a nightmare for weeks. Yes, we get the wheelie bins jokes etc, but elsewhere it is bad.
Think yourselves lucky.

Grump over.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We live right on the coast road in Saltdean and were bracing for a bad night....nothing.
Expected our windows to take a battering as we are south facing, but didn't really hear a thing apart from the fireplace creaking a bit all night. The only evidence of storm "damage" this morning was seeing my neighbours car with a portaloo laying against it. The roof at work is leaking massively though - not great when there is expensive machinery underneath!
Took the wife to work this morning at 7am to the hospital - the A259 was empty, and driving felt no worse than normal.... 🤷‍♂️

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stuff like this is why I don’t get why people think of things as a let down. Do people want this to happen to them so they have a story? Maybe I am just old and boring now but I will be perfectly happy if my fence doesn’t blow down and car get crushed by a tree.
A 6ft brick wall toppled onto my car which was new. Total cost for car was 13K with another 10k for the wall. Luckily the insurances covered it all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports