Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Storm Ciaran on its way or here?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Incredibly the milkman still came and delivered in the early hours of the morning!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thunder and lightning kicking off in RH16

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What's the betting the nutjob kitesurfers are out in this?

The wind direction is onshore so ideal for them, but the windspeed is not so ideal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No feeling hugely optimistic about much of the west pier being left this time on friday
It’s still standing at the moment. This is from the webcam at the i360

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 84

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Homes in jersey have had roof blown off. A car in Devon swept into the sea. I always find it a little odd when people belittle local issues but often many of them will laugh at weathermen from the 80s who got 87 wrong. Weather is not easy. It is based on best guesses/computer models of what has happened in the past based on similar parameters. Not easy to get it precisely correct.

My old dear in Devon says it was reasonably quiet overnight but getting going now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The centre of the storm is still in Hampshire/Dorset. Sussex is yet to witness the awesome power of this one. Not long to wait now though?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Soaked through and all I've done is get in the van.. 🌧

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Homes in jersey have had roof blown off. A car in Devon swept into the sea. I always find it a little odd when people belittle local issues but often many of them will laugh at weathermen from the 80s who got 87 wrong. Weather is not easy. It is based on best guesses/computer models of what has happened in the past based on similar parameters. Not easy to get it precisely correct.

My old dear in Devon says it was reasonably quiet overnight but getting going now.
A friend living in Brest, has posted several photos on FB, of a tree down in his garden, which just missed his house.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Our 'normal' waste bin has gone over, so a little rubbish picking required shortly.

Must have been a freakish gust, all our bins are parked up hard against our garage with a car backed up in front of them. Hey ho...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

It wasn't just Michael Fish that got it wrong.

This is the most The Day Today thing I've ever seen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here