[Sussex] Storm Ciaran on its way or here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Surfs up.
Screenshot_20231101_220455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, it's in mph. See the scale on the right hand side.

Click on wind gusts tab on the left, and then move the cursor to anywhere in the dark purple area to the west of France.

Peak wind gusts here in Brighton are projected to be up to 90mph at 4am.

The scale can be changed to km/h. When I clicked on your link, it was km/h but app is set to mph.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's now confirmed. Just seen the news, poor saps been sent out to shout in the rain and wind to confirm it is indeed raining and windy. There we have it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
First signs of fun in Seaford, going to enjoy listening to this tonight while I sleep. Love a storm, me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't bother to change it, but you can customise all sorts.

In kph, it's 202 kph peak gusts 100 miles west of Brest right now, and 135 kph in Brighton at 5am.

Huge numbers. The Sussex coast very rarely experiences wind speeds like that. The Burn’s Day Storm of 1990 where a lot of folk got killed or hurt … 84mph was the maximum Shoreham gust.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Big lump of lightning heading out way.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Looking out the window, not many people out having a stroll as is usually the case.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My mum lives in Devon. Nearby plymouth is forecast to get close to 100 mph gusts early morning. Her village was flooded badly a few weeks back (featured on bbc news because a lady in her 90s was worried about her birthday party being ruined as her house was flooded). I hope everyone stays safe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My 12 year pooch has acted really weird this evening, not settling and going a bit batshit mental. She is totally deaf so can't hear the wind or rain outside. I can only put it down to the sudden pressure change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports