Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stories from the home end

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remember if you’ve done this yourself then you’re no longer in a position to moan about it at the Amex……
I would argue it completely depends on how people act when in the wrong end. Quiet and respectful, fine - but I've experienced the opposite and it is f***ing annoying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Over the TV they seemed incredibly angry with the officials, an Amex crowd on steroids.
Agreed. Only time they really seemed loud! Felt like they were trying to pile pressure on the ref.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looking at Ronald’s video, he and lots of Albion were in home end celebrating and singing. Maybe it’s more ok over there!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
20231109_184234.jpg
20231109_201355.jpg

I was !

Decent view. Three rows directly in front of bloom and the board. Spoke briefly with bloom before the game, friendly as ever, my Ajax mate very surprised the chairman is so approachable.

Most people in my area were ancient. Was speaking with my Ajax mate in English the whole time and let out a little cheer when we scored. No one seemed to care. I think there was a couple of people asleep near me.

As I said on another thread. Atmosphere generally was flat and Albion fans were surprisingly disappointing as well. A few Ajax made that comment.

Great night though.
(And I've just realised I don't think I've been inserting pics right up until now. So these are the first that I've actually put up!! I wondered why my Pedro goal vid Vs Marseille away got no likes !)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Had the promise of a pair for me and the boy in the home end, however after the disappointment of missing out in the tier 2 bun fight on the Monday I decided to not tell him until I met my Ajax contact in person as I was also preparing for a second disappointment.

However while sitting in the spoons at Heathrow at 8:59 on the morning of the match, the boy playing on his phone virtually fell off his seat exclaiming he had a ticket in his basket.
He paid or more to the point I did! and the old please wait thingy happened on his phone but hey presto he’d bagged it.

So now, I broke the news that I was hopeful of getting us a pair in the Ajax end so do he want to come in with his dad or go on his own? (he’s 14, and doesn’t go anywhere on his own let alone an away end in a foreign country) He chose to go in on his own.

Anyhoo, my contact came good for the four of us and the now spare ended up in hands of a fellow tier 2 that missed out.

Getting in was a breeze no questions asked, and there was literally no queue for beer, before during or after, we were up in the Gods and it was all standing, quite noisy so we went unnoticed. As the beer kicked in we became slightly more confident and vocal although we didn’t go over the top. We didn’t really get outed until the 70th minute when the lads behind started singing in fluent English, this resulted in plenty of arse kissing, how much we respected Ajax’s history yadda yadda yadda and ended up with handshakes all round.

Post match we got out sharpish and there was a big bar outside for home fans only we ended up in (see pic) Well, in for a penny!

Anyone that would rather not see the match than go in the home end certainly missed out.

A father and son trip that will stay with us forever.

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2704.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpeg
IMG_2705.jpeg
IMG_2706.jpeg
IMG_2707.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here