Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stopping play for an injured player

BHADAZ

Sep 10, 2011
lancing
for me play continues until the ref blows the fact that forest tried to do the refs job for him cost them twice once they conceded the other they gave away a free kick for hand ball. i say tuff shite play to the whistle.

Hoopz

Jun 25, 2010
Woking, Surrey
Play on I say!! We carry on in rugby even with broken nose, gashed faces and legs etc... why do you need to stop unless its a serious leg break or head injury!! Man Up!!! haha

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
That foul by the Leicester player Saturday was a disgrace. AmI right in saying he didnt even get a yellow card?

After the ref blew early for the free kick instead of allowing their early goal, we barely got a decision go our way the entire game.

It was Mills who had already been booked. Was a shocking foul on Barnes and Mills should have gone.
Ref gave them everything after his cock up with the goal in the first half.
Changed the game in my view - Buckley and Lua Lua against 10 men would have made for a great end to the game. Instead he sends off Painter for having the ball kicked at him!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Dicanio who is a dick 90% of the time did one if the most sporting things when it comes to stopping play when a players injured.

seagulls

Hoopz

Jun 25, 2010
Woking, Surrey
I trust that no-one in your front eight never refers to these pieces of superficial redecoration as injuries!! :D

And in the backs where I am too!! Its only a bit of blood or a nose out of place! Its not an injury only a battle wound and You will survive!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I prefer the old days where, whenever possible (usually most times) a player has to leave the pitch for treatment and play goes on whilst they are off.

Makes the game flow more and makes those 'injured' players recover so much quicker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer the old days where, whenever possible (usually most times) a player has to leave the pitch for treatment and play goes on whilst they are off.

Makes the game flow more and makes those 'injured' players recover so much quicker.

I am sure that not many players used to go off with minor injuries like they seem to go down for nowadays, or is it just me adopting the 'it was better in the good old days' attitude.

To M

Sep 12, 2011
if we do what Derby did against Forest when we play Palace I (and i'm sure 99% of you) definitely wouldn't give a shit

wasn't a head injury, referee didn't whistle and derby were down to 10 men anyway, shocking defending by forest to top it off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here