Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop moaning at Leon Knight

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's just as well that Leon is not a sensitive soul or he would have been looking for a transfer by now. The so called fans who persist in barracking him have very short memories of last season. Let's just lay off Leon and leave him to get on with the job. Do we really want to p**s him off so much that he wants to leave?? And if he did, would we be able to find a better alternative? You can be sure that most of our Championship rivals would sign up Leon tomorrow given the chance, which says something about him I think.

Well done Leon. Just ignore the moaners and stick to the job.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I thought he played really well yesterday. Agreed I can't see him scoring that many this year (possibly only 5 or 6 goals if we're lucky) - but as long as someone is scoring like Virgs is at the moment we'll do OK.

And if MM is able to get another forward in during the season with some experience we may do even better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people keep on citing Knights goals last season, but please could some provide the definitive answer to these points: When was the last goal from open play, and how many of his total last year where penalties?

Now im not a Knight moaner and he did get the goals, but i do sometimes feel the number distorts his true potency as a striker.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Leon was great yesterday... the message has got through from MM, and he worked really hard... usual nice touches.. and set up the goal...

Oatway also did really well yesterday (and I am not a fan of his)... he seems to have learnt to play the simple ball once he has won it... well done, Charlie!...

Mayo did well for most of the game, but towards the end of the match was beaten at least 3 times for pace - inevitable, I suppose... we definitely need to get big Guy back for Crewe... otherwise, I frear Ashton will murder us... alternatively, sign a striker, and drop Virgo back to play alongside Hinsh in Danny's absence...

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Leon needs his confidence to be scoring at this level, when he gets that he will be on fire... Mayo was useless if you want to moan about someone:falmerspin:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I personally found it very hard to nominate a man of the match as the team perfomance was bigger than any one member. Krispies gave it to currie, I gave it to Knight.

The reasoning. Simple. Yesterday, and as a number have posted, Leon is becomming more and more a team player, rather than the lone hero.

All in all though. I enjoyed a marvellous team performance.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think he could do with taking men on more. Playing some quality passes though.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
When does Molango get another go?

When Knight gets suspended after his 5th yellow.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Knight has been utter class and has worked his arse off in the last few games - he has been much better than Virgo, yet the golden boy gets all the praise while Knight just gets endless abuse. He'll get the goals all the easier when we get someone to play up with him, as Virgo gives him little help.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Leon worked very very hard on Saturday and linked with the midfield well. He got clattered hard several times and still carried on.

That guy is a great player. Anyone who does not think so needs to open their eyes.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I thought Leon played ok on sat.. he looks more keen to say the least!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fatboy

What are you on?

mayo had a superb game against cadamatri, who was a yard quicker thanb him yet mayo restricted him to a couple of shots all game.

Fer fook sake get behnd the team.

gay Freddie Lungberg
You're just a gay Freddie lundberg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No one's mentioned BIG MAN in goal! He has been brilliant this season. Thank god he didn't go to Hull last year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here