Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop going by plane and save the money for players

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
not washing the kit is just silly. Players taking their own kit home to wash, or taking it in turns to wash the kit however is a plan. personally against each individual taking their kit home to wash as one person (probably kaz) will forget his socks.

Other money saving ideas include:
getting the players to mow the pitch
training down the local park,
talk to the fa about only playing during daylight to avoid using the floodlights
anyone else?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Have they got a plane to Leicester????? I understood reasoning for plane to Hull as was in between a congested fixture period ( although could have booked seats on an airline rather than charter an aircraft). But if they have got a plane to Leicester, that is ridiculous.

not washing the kit is just silly. Players taking their own kit home to wash, or taking it in turns to wash the kit however is a plan. personally against each individual taking their kit home to wash as one person (probably kaz) will forget his socks.

talk to the fa about only playing during daylight to avoid using the floodlights
anyone else?

:):bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They should be given one kit for home and away and be made to stitch their names on them. A replacement must be paid for by the player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That reminds me, I wonder what Neil Smillie is doing these days.

I believe he is still at Nike. A good friend knows his son Charlie. He now has less hair than in the photo though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd make the return flight dependent on the result.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
£500 on Ryanair plus £5000 baggage surcharge and £3000 pre booking seats.....hmmmm

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I personally think we should have a convoy of Ford KA's with at least 5 stuffed in the per car along with kit bags squashed in the boot and flag poles. I think we should make the players pay a match fee as well, every little helps.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To charter a plane is a lot cheaper than people would imagine. I know it was 15 years ago but Legal & General in Guildford made a cock up with booking a plane for a sales seminar in Spain. Somebody psuggested ringing Ryan Air who carried out the trip after they had been allocated a landing and take off time at Gatwick, the plane was at Luton. The end product was that it cost L & G less per head than a single train ticket from Guildford to Waterloo. There was however no cabin service other than what they had already on the plane like coke crisps etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I personally think we should have a convoy of Ford KA's with at least 5 stuffed in the per car along with kit bags squashed in the boot and flag poles. I think we should make the players pay a match fee as well, every little helps.

I can imagine the perplexed looks when the Spanish contingent are told that they are not playing Saturday unless they "cough up their subs ".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

anyone else?
If the admin staff cut all post-it notes in half.
The club would have twice as many, and the post-it note budget would be halved.

You can have that one for free Mr Barber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the scissor budget would have to be increased.
Not if the club bought a guillotine as a one off tax deductible 'gift', but actually used it as a post-it note cutter.

Who knows it might come in handy for something else.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the O/P the same moany bloke who was making this point on Facebook the other week?

Jul 7, 2003
Chartering a standard aircraft often works out about the same cost per head as a normal price economy ticket with a major airline (as opposed to abudget airline). The difference is that you get to choose your take off time (within reason) and you don't have to share your flight with the great unwashed:smile:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
To be fair the club are starting to crack down on unnecessary expenditure. I have it on good authority that Kemy Agustein won't play again until he pays his overdue subs.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The Albion flying to away games is nothing new. We can see who was responsible for starting this expensive and extravagant practice. It could also of course, be a clue to solving the long standing mystery of where the 83 cup money went to? Renting a B Cal chopper for awayday jollies wouldn't have come cheap.

Bamber out! :rant::rant::rant:

bcal-bamber.jpg

Is that Neil Smillie on the right?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
not washing the kit is just silly. Players taking their own kit home to wash, or taking it in turns to wash the kit however is a plan.

Let's not make that mistake again.

Taking their own kit home played a huge role in unsettling Graeme Smith and eventually losing the goalkeeping Hercules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here