Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stone Roses to reform

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I'm pretty excited about this as never got to see them first time around.

Will be amazed if it does actually happen but fingers crossed :clap:

Oct 25, 2003
they've threatened this before i think......would also be amazed if it happened

like you i missed them first time round (i was about 4) so would love it to be true

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sorry but Ian Brown is a complete knob and this news is as exciting as the front page of tonights Argus. ( Woman ordered veggie wrap and it contained chicken!!!!!!) Jesus f***!

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Sorry but Ian Brown is a complete knob and this news is as exciting as the front page of tonights Argus. ( Woman ordered veggie wrap and it contained chicken!!!!!!) Jesus f***!

So you do or you don't want a ticket?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Went to see their Spike Island gig at Widnes when I was at Liverpool University. For some reason, it has achieved legendary status. The reality is that it was SHITE! Gary Clail (from Brighton)'s on U sound system supported and was canned off the stage by filthy mancs and they just played their LP through. Shit gig.

In unrelated news, just seen Dick Knight in my local chippie, The Chip Basket in Hove. He was wearing a classic pair of Nile Mcenroes. He asked for a couple of pickled onions. Now you know...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was rumours of this with an interview with John Squires where he said that Ian Brown and he had met at Squires' mum's funeral or somesuch occasion. They had mentioned songs but nothing had been discussed about reforming which of course sparked the reform rumours....however....

Ian Brown is still really bitter about it all and his last album has so many references to the Roses in such derogatory terms, I just can't believe a man who wrote those lyrics and especially that last song on the album would have the front to reform with them. He's also said time and time and time again that he has moved on.

Personally speaking if they did reform then I won't go. I was fortunate to see them first time round and have no desire to have my memories shattered by middle-aged blokes going through the motions. Excuse the blatant plug but I wrote about it on my blog here de-minimis: i hope they die before they get old

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Rumours are announcement on Tuesday with 2 gigs in manchester next summer.

Will believe when I see it though as it was only a few months ago john squire described the idea of a reunion as 'tragic'. Must need the cash!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In unrelated news, just seen Dick Knight in my local chippie, The Chip Basket in Hove. He was wearing a classic pair of Nile Mcenroes. He asked for a couple of pickled onions. Now you know...

I live over the road from The Chip Basket. Love that place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to see their Spike Island gig at Widnes when I was at Liverpool University. For some reason, it has achieved legendary status. The reality is that it was SHITE! Gary Clail (from Brighton)'s on U sound system supported and was canned off the stage by filthy mancs and they just played their LP through. Shit gig.

I saw and heard some footage from Spike Island a while back. It was shocking how bad it was. Ian Brown's vocals were awful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My girlfiend's sister fancies the guy who serves the chips.

The one with the tattoo who raises his pinkie when he sprinkles salt over your chips? Or maybe he just does this for me?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
I saw and heard some footage from Spike Island a while back. It was shocking how bad it was. Ian Brown's vocals were awful.

Genuinely CRAP gig. Ian Brown walked on about an hour late with an inflatable globe and things only got worse.

In more unrelated news, Nick Cave can be seen in The Chip Basket from time to time - great chippie.

In related (and contradictory) news, steer clear of the scampi - it always gives me the shits.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The one with the tattoo who raises his pinkie when he sprinkles salt over your chips? Or maybe he just does this for me?

Albanian looking. Not sure about the pinkie or tattoo or salt application but rumour has it he is a huge Ian Brown fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuinely CRAP gig. Ian Brown walked on about an hour late with an inflatable globe and things only got worse.

In more unrelated news, Nick Cave can be seen in The Chip Basket from time to time - great chippie.

In related (and contradictory) news, steer clear of the scampi - it always gives me the shits.

And Dick and Nick both use the newsagents next door but one. I've also seen Mr Cave in Bagalman, Warren Ellis walking along Church Rd and Tommy Elphick in Bagelman.

Right, off to The Connaught for a pint.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
And Dick and Nick both use the newsagents next door but one. I've also seen Mr Cave in Bagalman, Warren Ellis walking along Church Rd and Tommy Elphick in Bagelman.

Right, off to The Connaught for a pint.

Enjoy.
Saw the entire Grinderman play live in the King Alfred Ballroom three years ago and it was absolutely oustanding

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Great debut album but a notoriously bad live act, which is odd as they are all quite rated as individual musicians.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Class when I saw them (without Reni Sadly). A band that tried to do thinga a little differently, sometimes is worked sometimes it didn't. Their influence and majesty should not be underestimated.

Have to agree about the reform thing though. Although if they make it down under i would be hugely tempted!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here