Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke release Seven

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would really like the last English player to score for England in a world cup to be playing for Brighton

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
the club appears to be a shambles at the moment, we are going to miss out on good solid players if not resolved soon. what player would join a club without knowing who the manager is?
Why? Do you honestly believe players will not sign for us at the moment? Do you honestly think the whole club and transfer/contract side of things is on a complete hold because Poyet is suspended?

I seem to recall Poyet promising us a striker on loan back in March. I also seem to recall he never fulfilled that promise. So what make you think having/not having a manager in June is going to make much difference.

Players know, outside the Premiership, this is the club to play for. In all honestly, I would only see Leicester as a more/has as an attractive club at the moment.

Who ever we get as manager will continue a similar passing style. The club has been built around that.

And whoever is the new manager will be a top notch manager, because the club is in a position to attact a top class manager now.

Calm down. Take deep breaths. Poyet being replaced will be the best thing that happened to us in the last 12 months. Patience. He is a very very limited manager, which is why no Premiership clubs snapped him up. If he was that special, he'd have been long gone by now.

This time next year, we will be in a far far stronger position than we were during the end of Poyets spell in charge.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Why? Do you honestly believe players will not sign for us at the moment? Do you honestly think the whole club and transfer/contract side of things is on a complete hold because Poyet is suspended?

I seem to recall Poyet promising us a striker on loan back in March. I also seem to recall he never fulfilled that promise. So what make you think having/not having a manager in June is going to make much difference.

Players know, outside the Premiership, this is the club to play for. In all honestly, I would only see Leicester as a more/has as an attractive club at the moment.

Who ever we get as manager will continue a similar passing style. The club has been built around that.

And whoever is the new manager will be a top notch manager, because the club is in a position to attact a top class manager now.

Calm down. Take deep breaths. Poyet being replaced will be the best thing that happened to us in the last 12 months. Patience. He is a very very limited manager, which is why no Premiership clubs snapped him up. If he was that special, he'd have been long gone by now.

This time next year, we will be in a far far stronger position than we were during the end of Poyets spell in charge.

This. With bells on.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The Championship next season will be tougher than ever.

Based on what exactly? The teams coming down? Everything pointed towards Wolves and Bolton doing VERY well last season and both didnt even make the playoffs...Wolves were relegated. Blackburn came down and spent £7m on a striker and never challenged.

This season you have the shambles that is QPR coming down who will HAVE to cut costs and already have 'Arry having a breakdown about funds. You have small club Wigan coming down, with a European campaign to deal with and having lost their inspirational manager and likely to have their young talent picked off and then you have Reading who are the epitomy of "meh" with their current squad.

So what makes you know that the league will be 'harder' next season?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Do you think we can afford Upsons wages then? Do we know if we were paying it all last season - I think perhaps not!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Based on what exactly? The teams coming down? Everything pointed towards Wolves and Bolton doing VERY well last season and both didnt even make the playoffs...Wolves were relegated. Blackburn came down and spent £7m on a striker and never challenged.

This season you have the shambles that is QPR coming down who will HAVE to cut costs and already have 'Arry having a breakdown about funds. You have small club Wigan coming down, with a European campaign to deal with and having lost their inspirational manager and likely to have their young talent picked off and then you have Reading who are the epitomy of "meh" with their current squad.

So what makes you know that the league will be 'harder' next season?

We are an established championship side . People are in it because they deserve to be. Will be no harder or easier than any year .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Really need upson . He is good for another season easily . If we miss out on him while manager situation rolls on then will be a blow.

Get him signed up and potentially we are only 1 left back and 1 biggish money for us centre mid away from another real challenge IMO

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes agree with this 100%. Hopefully things are happening behind the scenes because The Championship next season will be tougher than ever.

I remember loads of posts saying the same thing this time last year. People were panicking over Wolves Bolton & Blackburn having parachute payments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Blimey, I never even knew they held her captive

7of9.jpg

A conundrum for Albion Trekkies --- Jeri Ryan or Gerry Ryan , 7 or 9 ?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Upson's wages are 5k a week too much give him 250k as a signing bonus as a year's difference upfront. Obviously if it's more than that difference move on to other targets but expect we're an ideal fit for each other. He's on a free after all so. He's a better player than El-Abd and while I'd prefer both, think I'd take 18 months to 2 years of Upson over the kebab.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So Pulis didn't fancy Upson and now Hughes doesn't either. This would suggest his level is either Top 6 Championship or he might get lucky with one of the promoted 3 taking a punt. Good news for us if we want to sign him as his stock has just decreased.

Or, that he's 34 and no Premier League club would offer him a decent length contract at that age. I'd still snap him up if we had the chance.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Or, that he's 34 and no Premier League club would offer him a decent length contract at that age. I'd still snap him up if we had the chance.

apparently,Leeds and Leicester are after him as well as us

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
apparently,Leeds and Leicester are after him as well as us

Not surprised. Perhaps look at him like we did Simon Morgan. Was only good for one season but was absolutely immense during that time, and carried Danny Cullip all the way through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here