Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke Fans first visit to the Amex V Blackpool

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Hello Seagulls. The founding and still only member of the Hove, Stoke City supporters club here.

Great start to the season, must be just superb being a Brighton fan right now and hats off to you all.

I had the pleasure of being at the Blackpool game on Saturday and have to say I was very very impressed with the set up at the Amex. You must be all very proud. Anyway it compelled me to do a review on the Oatcake Stoke City fanzine so if you want to go and have a nosey at the "love in" I have for you right now then hop on over on the following link.

Oatcake Fanzine - Matchday experience at Brightons new ground
be interested to hear yyour views on how they will handle the crowd control for games with Millwall etc.

Last edited:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Good article, thanks, but the capacity is actually 22,300 at the moment expandable to approx 31k (and probably higher in a few years). Planning permission going in for an extra 8k of seats soon :thumbsup:

Hello Seagulls. The founding and still only member of the Hove, Stoke City supporters club here.

Great start to the season, must be just superb being a Brighton fan right now and hats off to you all.

I had the pleasure of being at the Blackpool game on Saturday and have to say I was very very impressed with the set up at the Amex. You must be all very proud. Anyway it compelled me to do a review on the Oatcake Stoke City fanzine so if you want to go and have a nosey at the "love in" I have for you right now then hop on over on the following link.

be interested to hear yyour views on how they will handle the crowd control for games with Millwall etc.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles

Are you Andy Naylor?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Your opinion isn't universally shared by your fellow fans though:

"I went a couple of weeks ago to see them play Gillingham. I though much the opposite about the ground.

It looks like there is little room for expansion insude and it appears to be the exact opposite of a tardis (ie. looks big outside, tiny inside). Sight lines are awful from the away end and therefore no doubt it's the same at the away end.

And it's in a stupid location. So much industrial wasteland a bit further along the coast and they chose to showhorn it in a village which didn't want it.

The pies however...... are the best I've had at a football ground by some measure"

Last edited:

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Your opinion isn't universally shared by your fellow fans though:

"I went a couple of weeks ago to see them play Gillingham. I though much the opposite about the ground.

It looks like there is little room for expansion insude and it appears to be the exact opposite of a tardis (ie. looks big outside, tiny inside). Sight lines are awful from the away end and therefore no doubt it's the same at the away end.

And it's in a stupid location. So much industrial wasteland a bit further along the coast and they chose to showhorn it in a village which didn't want it.

The pies however...... are the best I've had at a football ground by some measure"

Well I speak for myself and I was impressed and I think the general concensus is positive. That guy seems to have a bit of a chip sadly living in the area and obviously surrounded by Brighton fans who are clearly giving him a hard time.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well I speak for myself and I was impressed and I think the general concensus is positive. That guy seems to have a bit of a chip sadly living in the area and obviously surrounded by Brighton fans who are clearly giving him a hard time.

Maybe, as to say it doesn't have room for expansion couldn't be further from the mark. It has been designed to add nearly 10k seats in, in a matter of months if needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here