[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Our relative drying up of goals seems to have coincided with our losing Lallana. It’s a worry. We’re definitely a better team with him in it.
Very good shout. A distinctive lack of fluidity around the area.

Sarmiento and Goodnight have tons of potential bit they're miles off the same level currently.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Long-timers will remember the days when we used to hanker after certain away pairings in the next round of cup competitions on the basis of how much our percentage of their gate was likely to come to.

Now £70 million transfer fees are airily bandied about...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thing is, play three Champonship teams, away in the cup, with a weakened team, and I reckon you're nailed on to lose once. Burnley or Blackburn away would be a nightmare IMHO. Or Sheffield United. Big big clubs bang up for it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sarmiento looks a real talent.
He reminds me of Ronaldo at Manchester United when he first signed. Lots and lots of tricks but clearly quite raw. Will get better and better when we can afford to “risk” him with Premier League starts.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very good shout. A distinctive lack of fluidity around the area.

Sarmiento and Goodnight have tons of potential bit they're miles off the same level currently.
We are just a totally different team without him. Really shows how talented he still is when he's not about. Even Mac can't do it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Good win, niggley game but hopefully no injuries. Nice to move on and get back to winning ways.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Wow really? Dunk was awful tonight, only had to look at his face when got MOM :D
Perhaps not awful, great pre-assist, but lots of mistakes and very slow on the ball especially in the first half. Below average performance for his usual standard.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I am astounded Dunk got MOTM
Difficult one - I think he played an essential role in being a pivot when playing out from the back but Stoke looked most dangerous on the back of our unforced errors which included Dunk giving the ball away in dangerous areas a few times and loosing us possession on poorly executed long balls. We also missed Pervis and as such, kept getting stuck at the back unable to make the transition, yet it was Dunk that kept getting us through Stoke’s aggressive high press to make the transition to MF too. So, imo difficult to assess MOTM - I think Steele was the only one that played a pretty faultless match for me.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Dennis Undav you made me laugh, actually laugh when you missed that basically open goal. God bless you and all who want to buy you 🫡
Hardly an open goal. Took a yellow card for the team, played a couple of decent balls and linked up play. Not really sure why he gets so much grief. Not like he’s had a decent run in the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Difficult one - I think he played an essential role in being a pivot when playing out from the back but Stoke looked most dangerous on the back of our unforced errors which included Dunk giving the ball away in dangerous areas a few times and loosing us possession on poorly executed long balls. We also missed Pervis and as such, kept getting stuck at the back unable to make the transition, yet it was Dunk that kept getting us through Stoke’s aggressive high press to make the transition to MF too. So, imo difficult to assess MOTM - I think Steele was the only one that played a pretty faultless match for me.
Steele was immaculate tonight

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Undav, not bad generally, but I thought his finish attempt was entirely unconvincing. To score from there is no gimme, but should have got closer. Looks a real hit and miss player. I'd loan out next season, it wouldn't surprise me if he came good, I just don't think it will be soon.

Enciso. Hoever is no slouch, but yes, showed a real lack of sharpness in their footrace. Definitely a loan next season. Jury out

Buenanotte. I still think he's a little way off as well.

Ferguson. I thought his hold up play was decent. got his goal. Not sure why there's any criticism.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We were all shown videos about RDZ before he joined and shortly afterwards. What they all revealed is that he favours a ball-playing, left-footed CB who acts a playmaker. Our best performances have been with Colwill in that role. We know how good Dunky is both defensively and on the ball, and we know he can play on the left, but to expect him to fill THAT role is pushing his skillset to the absolute limit.
It's not his fault. I think he's done remarkably well, but i guarantee both he and RDZ are counting down the days to his return over to the right.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Why do loads of people want a home draw. We are much better away !?
With Wembley now just a win away, I think the Amex crowd would be well up for this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports