Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yeh lets all calm down... its a football forum, put your handbags down

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Disappointing first half. We were always going to be up against it but giving away two very soft goals in the opening 20mins or so has made it a nigh on impossible task. An equally soft third goal hasn't helped matters either. I hope we don't crumble and get done by a cricket score.:(

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cant believe that we dont have defenders on the post at corners, defending at set pieces was piss poor.

Gus has a big job on his hands lifting the team, if Stoke score another 2 or 3 the way we respond on Tuesday could make or break the season.
Makes the Plymouth game absolutely massive IMHO

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Ah well, just hoping for a good passing display in the 2nd half - keep it to 3-0 and go out with our heads held high showing the Premiership how to pass the ball around, Brighton-style.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
3rd goal came from Greer's shithouse pass on the halfway line, which led to a blocked shot and the corner.

If only we had a Kish/Navs/Sparrow out there.

Naff all on the bench too. Could be a long 45. Oh well, at least our next games not too far around the corner.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Really? From a flicked on corner. MOre than a bit harsh. First goal defo down to him. Second was like a bullet, maybe should have done better but you see goals like that in every division all the time. Third goal, impossible to pin on the keeper.

Yeah you could be right. I think he should have been closer to the centre of the goal when the cross came in but then I suppose that would have left us open for a near post goal.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
lol whos watching the stream and witnessing some utter crap advertisements xD

American tv is so diar

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Correct! Batti has never really made an impact in L1 so it's clear to see that Gus ain't too bothered about this game but I'm sure Plymouth will be a different story.
I think all Gus will care about is not getting a dent in confidence. Plymouth now become a huge game, and if we go on to beat them tuesday, I think we'll go on to win the league at a canter. Just have not got to let this result destroy the players belief, although that said he will probably make about 5 or 6 chnages for tuesday

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm afraid I predicted this in the Scores thread (well - at full time not half-time). We've been vulnerable at set pieces all season - eg Hartlepool's goal. That said, Brez really has made this hard for us - he's definitely at fault here. Poor fella.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ah well, just hoping for a good passing display in the 2nd half - keep it to 3-0 and go out with our heads held high showing the Premiership how to pass the ball around, Brighton-style.

We need to pass much quicker and look to play more balls forward. They're making us look silly, just waiting for a mistrayed pass or interception. Remember, Stoke are used to playing teams who pass better than us and twice as quickly. They will sit back and soak it up all day.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
lol. I'm a bit pissed off but sheesh some people are taking this REALLY badly, haha.

Yup - great fun. And much more entertaining than the second half promises to be, although I'd love to be wrong. SURELY a flounce or a ban is in the offing...here I mean, not in Stoke...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We're doing what we do in League One the right foot - but it's just not good enough against a Prem side. Can't simply in effect say "we must be better" - because we aren't. Not a fair match up once you've given a Prem side like stoke a two goal lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here