Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke City 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

stratford seagull said:
my record so far this season is 'Watched 10' W1 D1 L8.

Mine is slightly more mid-table form, excluding the Spurs jolly mine is 'Watched 8' W3 D1 L4 so I travel to Plymouth reasonably optimistic that I'm not the bad penny.

U

um bongo molongo

Had a feeling we were going to struggle at Stoke, my theory being that because Stoke are a pretty big and physical team our usually effective method of getting amongst them just wouldn't be so effective and it seems that was what happened (I didn't go). I do remember thinking the same when I did go 2 seasons ago. Sometimes other teams styles of play suit us and sometimes they don't - McGhee's comments after the Sunderland game that they had been looking forward to the return as they felt they knew how to beat them was a case in point. I think we are most effective against teams with less competitive spirit and strength than ourselves even when they arguably have more ability (numerous examples already this season). Stoke simply don;t fall into that category, and play a very similar style to our own - don't concede many, don't score that many, make themselves difficult to beat and try to grind out a win. Always down as either a 0-0 (which it seems it could well have been without the ref) or 0 points on my list, so cross off the fixture, don't panic and on to Plymouth I reckon (down as 1 pt on my route to the magic 52).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Robbed? Yes!
United when both sets of supporters sung out: "Stand up if you hate the ref!" and people stood up in all four stands. This was probably the moment the ref said to Tank he didn't want to be a ref anymore.
I reckon the ref assessors report also recommended a career change too .....

Bruce Lee Wannabe

Nov 10, 2004
Brighton
Cool report. Really didn't sound like the Albion were up for it in the first half, but at least they learned from it and played better in the second. In regards to McCammon, McGhee said after the game that he's been suffering from a virus which is why he deidn't loom up to much so I guess full respect to the guy for still having a go. But it's alright, we're gonna beat Plymouth next week anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here