Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke Away - Advice Required

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will be going M40, M5/6 and the ground is just off the motorway.

Park next to the ground...masses of parking and you are straight away on to the motorway and away.

Stoke is the cess pit of the world...a bit like Bradford. There are eateries nera and in the ground and there is a sports centre next to the ground which allows away fans in...or it did last time we went.

Should be a great day out oh and we will lose BTW...I have never ever seen us win at Stoke, going back to the early 70's

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I like the Britannia Ground - always been a decent atmosphere when we've been there over recent years although the games have meant something at one end of the table or t'other.

It's quite something to hear the 'Ha ha ha ha' of Delilah echoing round. Of course it's also a bugger cos you've just conceded a goal...

There's an indoor football place right next to the ground - decent sized bar and away fan friendly. A top tip if you're not fussy what you drink: don't queue at the bar - at the back of the room they have a chap selling bottles - you'll get served in next to no time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wrap up warm cos there aren't any corners built into the stands and the wind whistles through making it very draughty.

It was one of the coldest places I have been to.

Park was reasonably easy but then it was a mid week match so may not be on a Saturday.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Be prepared to create your own atmosphere if you do go, despite having a reasonable support the Stokies are the most boring fans I have ever met, they only sing one song "Delilah" and even that is only after they have scored. I have been a couple of times to the Britannia and after the last one vowed never to go back, though it is only a couple of hours drive from home so I might well have the breaking strain of a Kit-Kat on that pledge and see you all there. Their fans, despite their lack of creativity on the song front, aren't too bad really and as someone above suggested are more likely to want to discuss prospects for the rest of the season than scrap with you, drop into conversation that you went to Vale Park last season and it resembled a half finished doss-house and that should endear you to them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I like Stoke. When I went on the supporters coach they were all giving us wanker signs which wasn't very nice after losing :angry: :jester: Deffinatly looking forward to another trip though. Need to wrap up warm.

We need to perfect our Guy Butters Delilah song... That'll piss 'em off if we nick their song...?

Guy Guy Guy, Guy Butters!

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Things haven't been quite so friendly when we've been to Stoke over recent years. The burberry brigade out very quickly after the game, QPR fans locked in the car park for their own safety and a hail of missiles over the fence. .. not somewhere I'd take my kids to be honest.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
The only problem I had there was parking. Make sure you get there with plenty of time to spare. I cut it a bit fine and parking was a major headache.

The fans were as good as gold

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully will go but need to sort out the logistics of JBH current plight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here