Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
/\ Anyone going to kick the ball into the open goal?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Not at all he is a totaly different keeper to last season. He is much more agilke, probably due to losing weight, better on crosses punching and pushing the ball away, far better at his near post nd his distribution is much better. Most of his kicks last season went over the touchline, any shot on the ear post wwas apossible goal and his punching and pushfrom crosses invarably landed in the danger area(6 yd box) I can only put this down to the coaching of Roberts and his own personal application.

That is nonsense. His distribution has always been very very good, he's actually a decent footballer. As for his shot stopping and catching, again they've always been good. He's just not as exposed this season by sh1t tactics.

I've no doubt that the coaching has helped him improve, but to suggest that he is a totally different keeper is ridiculous. He should be progressing and as he is now 30, he's probably close to his best (based on goalkeeping mythology).

Last season he was one of the reasons we were NOT relegated.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it was obvious last season why we bought Stockdale. His shot stopping was as good as Koosh but his distribution and punching/catching crosses and corners were a completely different league. The crosses/corners thing relieves so much pressure on the defence and kills potentially dangerous situations constantly and his ability to ping a 40 yard ball straight to one of the attacking players has to be one of the best in the team.

Last year he made some mistakes and probably suffered from some confidence issues together with the other 25 of our players, but was always likely to come good. I'm sure his coaching has helped, but apart from a far better team and more confidence meaning he is under less pressure, I can't see a huge difference from last year.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't think Pickford's made the squad has he?

The other 4 are correct, 2 to get - 1 pretty obvious, 1 not.

Chris Kirkland and Frank Fielding??

If not Fielding then Lee Camp?
Pickford has only been selected for Under 21's

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another quality, point saving (match winning) performance yesterday.

Thank god for Ben Roberts or else we'd have lost 5-2 :facepalm:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I had doubts at the beginning, but having a better defence around him has made all the difference. Great player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here