Stockdale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I feel like Stockdale is extremely volatile, swings from moments of absolute sheer brilliance to moments of utter abysmal play. I'd probably still prefer someone more consistent.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
**** off you bunch of ***** anyone slating stockdale needs to **** off. Once again youre a bunch of *****.

calm-down-dear-and-just-get-drunk.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The fact that there are some slating a player who made sure a 4-3 win wasn't a 5-4 loss defies belief. Sure Stocko has made mistakes but full credit for what he did today. Bloody brilliant saves :clap2:

Can anyone think who was the last Albion keeper to save a penalty?

TK never saved a penalty for the Albion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't put a foot wrong today, excellent, simple as that

In general fantastic. The one on one save and the penalty save were both out of this world and both really helped win the game. In particular the penalty save turned the game. However the shot he palmed out straight to their striker in the first half before the one on one. Could he not have caught it or palmed it away from the goal. Genuine question. Everyone round me thought he should have done better with it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In general fantastic. The one on one save and the penalty save were both out of this world and both really helped win the game. In particular the penalty save turned the game. However the shot he palmed out straight to their striker in the first half before the one on one. Could he not have caught it or palmed it away from the goal. Genuine question. Everyone round me thought he should have done better with it.

As I said early the ball skimmed our defenders head slightly changing the trajectory of the ball which was moving fast.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Looking at the big screens in the stadium it appeared that David received a yellow card. Myself and those around me had no idea why. Anyony know why?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking at the big screens in the stadium it appeared that David received a yellow card. Myself and those around me had no idea why. Anyony know why?

He got a yellow for kicking the ball away after we conceded a goal

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton on Stockdale today

"The penalty save was massive. The timing – just before half-time – changed my thinking as well. At 2-1 down I would be thinking about changes but I decided to leave it and we were able to get the goals that we wanted.
"You look at turning points in the game and of course it was the penalty save. At 2-1 down I would have had to go more offensive, which would have meant either bringing on Kazenga [LuaLua] earlier or possibly Ledesma."

via http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ton-hails-david-stockdales-saves-2286663.aspx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports