Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale,,,,,,

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I said at time of signing he is a poor keeper, I couldn't believe you spent a million on him.

He could of course improve and prove me and other wrong

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Second goal Was down to Stockdale , he really is not a good goalkeeper , he is basically making one mistake a game , and every mistake is being punished , I am afraid a change is required and if Sami cannot see that it is time for him to go as well

Stumpy Tim

I thought he had his shirt tugged before losing the ball, unlucky. But did have a few dodgy moments as did Dunk.

Absolutely - Greer slipped, recovered but had his shirt pulled - definite foul. From there they looked likely to score, but WTF was Stockdale doing. He needed either to come out or stay out - instead he went half-way & left Tomlin with an open goal.

The second goal sums up everything Fulham fans said about him - great reflexes, but just pushed the ball back out to the attacker. Basic keeping

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Casper is actually a good shot stopper though, his problem is the crosses but from what I've seen so far Stockdale doesn't exactly look to excel in that area, maybe a lack of confidence? Fact is he hesitated massively and should have been down at their strikers feet before he squared it he had an age to get there, as a keeper you have to be willing to put your body on the line in that scenario, his error cost us against Cardiff also.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Stockdale is the worst keeper we have had since Graeme Smith. He is costing us a goal a game and the points lost because of this are now stacking up. Time to let young Walton have a taste of first team action with Casper supporting him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As you might be aware, I've backed him but culpable for both today imho.
No doubt BG will be in fantasy land.

True to form I think he could have done betterwith the first as he went to ground and made no attempt to get the ball and was definitely at fault for the 2nd. Time to either eat humble pie and bring back Kuszczak or give Ankergren the jersey, probably too early for Walton and would put too much pressure on him..

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
i have to agree ive thought stockdales vulnerable a few weeks ago its not just the goals his positioning is often wrong and hes slow and hesitant get walton in for tuesday night

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
True to form I think he could have done betterwith the first as he went to ground and made no attempt to get the ball and was definitely at fault for the 2nd. Time to either eat humble pie and bring back Kuszczak or give Ankergren the jersey, probably too early for Walton and would put too much pressure on him..

Or maybe the fact that he was totally exposed by a crazy substitution was to blame.
No defensive midfield means problems at the back.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I Just don't get why its fashionable to blame Stockdale for nearly every goal conceded. for the 1st, Greer was obviously at fault but Dunky could have moved across to close down, but the Boro player was left in 20 yards of space to decide what to do with the ball. No real chance for the keeper.
I thought the 2nd was a decent reflex save of the 1st shot, surely, the nature of a reflex save is that you don't have time to plan to put it round the post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here