Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale is back. March back in full training.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am critical because he seems to do it at least once in every game rather than just one occassion, In the last couple of seasons when a shot or cross came in there was a thought of no worry PIG is there, the same confidence is not there now and I am sure most supporters sense it.

He SEEMS to do it, but apart from one time at Ipswich, you haven't named another occasion when he did it. Walton also conceded the second goal at Spurs by palming the ball back across the 6 yard box, but you've forgotten that too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I am critical because he seems to do it at least once in every game rather than just one occassion, In the last couple of seasons when a shot or cross came in there was a thought of no worry PIG is there, the same confidence is not there now and I am sure most supporters sense it.

I'm with BG here.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This is one thing that frustrates me about Naylor/The Argus. He does this update on the fitness/recovery of players, but it's never comprehensive, there's always someone missing, in this case Stephens. He's been back in training for a while (according to the last report), but this was non-contact training, and has been going on for a while. All of this might suggest that we shouldn't get our expectations up too much about Solly, simply because he's now back in training; his playing might be some way off still.

Spot on...Great to see Solly making a start...but he is still a long way from match fitness...I have been reliably told that Solly will not be at that stage till near the end of the season...hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see him back in the team.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He SEEMS to do it, but apart from one time at Ipswich, you haven't named another occasion when he did it. Walton also conceded the second goal at Spurs by palming the ball back across the 6 yard box, but you've forgotten that too.

Didn't Stockdale also do it for the 2nd goal against Middlesboro?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That'll be Solly off then I reckon.

For a team that on the one hand is supposedly of "L1 quality", there's a great many of us on here that think, at the same time, that half our players will be snapped up or "off" the moment Jan 1st comes round (Dunk, March, Walton, KLL . basically anybody that can string a pass together). All bar poor JFC of course who is both L1 quality or worse and has bewitched poor old deluded Gareth Southgage into making him an Eng U21 regular for the last 6 months.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For a team that on the one hand is supposedly of "L1 quality", there's a great many of us on here that think, at the same time, that half our players will be snapped up or "off" the moment Jan 1st comes round (Dunk, March, Walton, KLL . basically anybody that can string a pass together). All bar poor JFC of course who is both L1 quality or worse and has bewitched poor old deluded Gareth Southgage into making him an Eng U21 regular for the last 6 months.

Wise words, we are close to being a very decent side, just need to get the right front man in

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No I dont and if he should prove to be competant I will admit it as I have recently, but as Mellotron says it comes to something when an inexperienced 19 year old can show him how to hold the ball. On his recent performances he has shown to be a waste of £1m, we could have had Al Habsi on loan while we gave Walton more time. Al Habsi is a better keeper and is out of contract this year.

Based on one game where he let in THREE goals

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

But of course a non disruptive influence dressing room for the play off could have seen us in the premier league and maybe if he didn't have other things on his mind when he let Forest score with an error as bad if not worse than the Cardiff game this season, luckily for him the other players got him out of jail.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Stockdale should be on the bench. Walton is doing fine and will grow stronger with every game. Scares the shit out of me when the opposition have a shot or corner with Stockdale in goal and he's not match fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am unable to remember each incident and relate to which game but remember at the time saying he should have held that, and it has happened in virtually every game. So far this season he has been poor and well below my expectation with his record.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I am unable to remember each incident and relate to which game but remember at the time saying he should have held that, and it has happened in virtually every game. So far this season he has been poor and well below my expectation with his record.
So you can't remember when, or against who, Stockdale should have (in your opinion) possibly done better with a shot, and he may or may not have done this in some or all games?

This is almost the perfect definition of observation bias. He might have done better with a shot so you see fault in every game. Have you forgotten the Rotherham game when Stockdale single handedly won us a point? He was absolutely brilliant.

Walton has done well and has fantastic potential but he's not had to do anything particularly dramatic yet. The shots he's faced have been off target or routine. IMO he will be no1 one day (if we can keep hold of him), but Stockdale is no1 atm and rightly so. With the exception of the Cardiff goal (definitely his fault) and possibly the first against Charlton (should've done better), the criticism of him has been embarrassing. For me, if he's fit, he plays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are obviously young enough to remember and recall every moment in every game, as I used to be able, but sadly not now, and I just remember the general points. But it doent change my views or opinions

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When will we know when Stephens is back ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You are obviously young enough to remember and recall every moment in every game, as I used to be able, but sadly not now, and I just remember the general points. But it doent change my views or opinions[/QUOTE

How can your opinion or view be justified if you can only remember parts of games and not the whole game?
It does rather blow your opinions and views to bits.
You must have forgotten the two penalty saves he has made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here