Stockcar Racing Rollcall.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Gazwag said:
I guess you didnt go then
My young daughter didn't fancy it, too cold and windy:rolleyes: so i ended up at the SEALIFE CENTRE

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
roz said:
Is George Polley still around? An absolute legend he was!
Doesn't race anymore but i believe he still builds stock car engines etc.Used to be based in Heathfield....George Polley Motorsport if memory serves me correct.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
roz said:
Is George Polley still around? An absolute legend he was!

yeah, he lives in Cambridgeshire now, know him personally, been there raced and got trophies

Attachments

• ipswich.jpg
    ipswich.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 107

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I remember Polleys son & daughter (or one and not the other) both in Ministox years ago, they racing now?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
David the youngest was the last i heard in Brisca F2, i am not sure about Steve, married with 2 kids now

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bakesy said:
My young daughter didn't fancy it, too cold and windy:rolleyes: so i ended up at the SEALIFE CENTRE

And it was cold and windy and it rained a bit towards the end as well, still there was some good racing and some good pileups, but at least the weather meant the crowd wasnt so big as usual on a bank holiday and we got out quite quick at the end

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Stevie Boy said:
David the youngest was the last i heard in Brisca F2, i am not sure about Steve, married with 2 kids now

aahh cool, it was just one of those random memorys I had deep inside my brain. Like on the way back from Angmering we stopped off at Little Chef for a wee-wee break and Polley stood at the next urinal, being about TEN and in full boiler suit (with random car racing patches I might add) glory he said "been racing today then?" I replied to him "your not George Polley are you?!?!" gasping at the legend weeing next to me, he smiled and said "would I be George Polley!?" and handed me one of his business cards for GP Motorsport (still got it somewhere). CLAIM TO FAME :lolol:

also in my sparetime I race online and made up this porsche paint job in honour of the old man himself:

Attachments

• polley1.jpg
    polley1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 98

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
hes a top bloke, was my hero when racing, the guy who works next to me built and repaired quite a few of his nationals and my car in the photo above with steve polley setting the suspension up and has known him for donkey years

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
m20gull said:
That's the one, I remember him as number 70 in a red Magnette

thats him, he died last year or 2005, his son still races, Rob, the guy nextdoor at work has been building retro stock cars, and i think one of them was a foxy dance car

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
m20gull said:

i may be wrong but that look liek the old cross in hand track, just 5 mins from me

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Didnt make it to arlington instead went for a walk round Barcombe Mills .

I remember when i was young going to matchams park for stock cars/bangers etc and for motor x hants grand international top riders inthose days roger de coster ,noyce, banks,Eastwood, i think it was in sand pits cause the dust was bloody awfull anyone else remember going to stuff down that way???

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Bloody hell , this a trip down memory lane ...

You either had to choose between George Polley #306 or that f**king girl Barry' I love my hair' Lee. Should have been no contest with Lee sponsored by Burtons and driving a Ford mexico (I think), and George in a beat up Ford Anglia, but Lee didn't stand a chance.

Also used to 'follow' Dave Pierce and Bill Bridges, I think Bill's son Geoff now drives 258 though I haven't been racing in years or spoken to Geoff in years.

cheap and chearful but Great fun:)

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
seagurn said:
Didnt make it to arlington instead went for a walk round Barcombe Mills .

I remember when i was young going to matchams park for stock cars/bangers etc and for motor x hants grand international top riders inthose days roger de coster ,noyce, banks,Eastwood, i think it was in sand pits cause the dust was bloody awfull anyone else remember going to stuff down that way???

Before we started on Stock Cars we used to go to watch scrambling somewhere down Hampshire way - no idea where now as I must have been about 5 but I remember it being particularly dirty - either mud or dust.

More nostalgia from that Stock Car site - where else could you be when you hear this - Stock Car theme ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
m20gull said:

More nostalgia from that Stock Car site - where else could you be when you hear this - Stock Car theme ?

I dont know but my GOD that brought back memorys of a Wednesday night at Arlington.....watching the Bangers do the Ramp Challenge thingy :)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Ozymandias said:

Also used to 'follow' Dave Pierce and Bill Bridges, I think Bill's son Geoff now drives 258 though I haven't been racing in years or spoken to Geoff in years.

cheap and chearful but Great fun:)

is that the same bill bridges as the car salvage yard in pease pottage??

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
surrey jim said:
is that the same bill bridges as the car salvage yard in pease pottage??

yep, the very same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports