Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockade's Save

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is my memory playing rose tinted tricks on me?

But didn't Graham Moseley once do a spectacular Gordon Banksesque turning mid air save.
If he did that was the very best save I've seen.

Yes he did. I can still see it in my head. That definitely got a standing ovation - we didn't have much choice!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still think we should have all put on black hoodies and banged a drum and jumped around making an ooooooo sound like they do in the Hungarian division 3. All this reacting to what's happening on the pitch & appreciating our players is so 1990s...

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kuszczak pulled off one against Burnley at home the season before last at the south end which was unbelievable.

Point blank header, downwards and into the corner, but Kuszczak somehow managed to claw it out for a corner. Best I've seen from one of our keepers at the Amex.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Kuszczak pulled off one against Burnley at home the season before last at the south end which was unbelievable.

Point blank header, downwards and into the corner, but Kuszczak somehow managed to claw it out for a corner. Best I've seen from one of our keepers at the Amex.
I remember that. Amazing save and we won 1-0.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought Stockdale's save was very good but talking it up as a worldy seems excessive.
He has made many better.
The crowd response was to the situation rather than his athleticism

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
it was a very good save but the the importance being in injury time and also meant a game that we would not have won if it had gone in and was a match we totally dominated so would have been sickening

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Kuszczak was outstanding at Cardiff away, making a double save from Bellamy's shot and follow up. He was my MoM that night.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I appreciate there have many great saves but none I have seen before apart from penalty that were followed by standing ovation. I agree this was through relief that it meant we would get what we deserved from game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still think the best save we've seen at the Amex this season was on the opening Friday. How the Forest keeper kept out Hemed's (?) header on the stroke of half time, I still don't know,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best save I've seen from an Albion keeper, was from John Sullivan, in a 0-0 draw away to Leicester (when we wore their away kit)

We went expecting to get battered, but Sullivan won a point almost single handed.

The one defining save, was a tip over the bar, from a point blank header (I think from Matty Fryatt). Absolutely unbelieveable stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here