[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Even worse, I've put £50 on the treble of disastrous results. I may or may not use the money to buy new sheets for everyone

That must be some fantastic odds. Muff were about 20-1 alone. What's the acca, about 150?

I reckon if we did get relegated and everyone paid half the winnings to the club of the various insurance bets made over the last couple of weeks at odds of between 80-1 and 250-1, it'd probably match the the parachute payment!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Play offs don't really count as they're a lottery with only 1 out of 4 teams succeeding. I'm talking about situations where we've been in a position of strength and then allowed others to get back into it through dropping points unnecessarily. The Championship 2 seasons ago is the only example I can think of, but that was purely down to the players having achieved their objective and gone on a 2 week bender. I can think of plenty of examples were we've made things easy for ourselves, and also examples where we've overcome the odds and hauled ourselves out of the relegation zone, or into the play off positions, in the last couple of games in a season.
We were flying up to Christmas last season, then we decided to make things hard for ourselves for the rest of the season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Even worse, I've put £50 on the treble of disastrous results. I may or may not use the money to buy new sheets for everyone
I've bet £10 on Bournemouth, Villa and Southampton all to win.

It was 150/1 and for some reason they offered me a boost to about 190/1.

Of course, I never win £1900 gambling, so job done and breathe again.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've bet £10 on Bournemouth, Villa and Southampton all to win.

It was 150/1 and for some reason they offered me a boost to about 190/1.

Of course, I never win £1900 gambling, so job done and breathe again.

I didn't get those odds, only about 140/1, and no boost thingy. But to be honest, I expect to simply lose the money, so no massive deal I guess

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've probably missed something but believe with the way the fixtures are lined up, there is only one realistic scenario where we can go down and it is reliant on every potentially viable result going against us and us picking up 0 points from our last three:

GW 36:
Watford to beat West Ham (Watford go above us)
Bournemouth lose to City
Villa to beat Everton

15. Watford - 37
16. Brighton - 36
17. West Ham -34
---
18. Villa - 33
19. Bournemouth - 31

GW 37:
Man Utd beat West Ham
Man City beat Watford
Villa beat Arsenal (unlikely) and go above West Ham
Bournemouth beat Southampton

15. Watford - 37
16. Brighton - 36
17. Villa - 36
---
18. West Ham - 34
19. Bournemouth - 34

GW 38:

Arsenal to beat Watford
West Ham to beat Villa (leapfrogging us and AV)
Bournemouth to beat Everton (leapfrogging us and AV)

15. Watford - 37
16. West Ham - 37
17. Bournemouth - 37
---
18. Brighton - 36
19. Villa - 36

The positive is that there are 4 clear games that matter now if we fail to pick up a point: West Ham v Watford, Bournemouth vs Southampton, West Ham v Villa, and Everton v Bournemouth. If a single one of those games doesn't go the way stated above and the big clubs (Utd and City in particular do their jobs) we are safe already. A single point in any of our last three and we finish 15th according to the above.

In short; it would be an absolute travesty if we went down from this position and could be mathematically safe (bar GD) if we get a point tomorrow and Villa and Bournemouth lose.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just got £25 on Brighton relegation at 150/1 at Paddy power !

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let’s just get a win tomorrow and put this thread to bed, nice strong team please Potter.

I’m feeling optimistic we can get a result.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Betfair have us 125/1 to go down.

If you really think there's a chance of us going down, put a tenner on it. If we stay up you've lost a tenner, no big deal, if we do go down you can buy a helluva lot of commiseration drinks...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We are not going down... Why are people panicking?

Would take a lot of freak results but you just can’t say that for sure yet given everyone below us won at the weekend... Villa beat Everton and we could be in a spot of bother...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Would take a lot of freak results but you just can’t say that for sure yet given everyone below us won at the weekend... Villa beat Everton and we could be in a spot of bother...

Really? We have some winnable games coming up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? We have some winnable games coming up.

I’ve been in the ‘safe’ camp since the Norwich win and 98% sure we will be but still want it done. Also wanna catch the scum in an ideal world..! But yeh just won’t say it’s 100% until it’s mathematical - well I’ll take our GD as mathematical so a point tomo if Villa don’t win and it’s done. But yeh slightly nervy... slightly

If it went to the last day it would be horrendous. But 1 more point should do it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I’ve been in the ‘safe’ camp since the Norwich win and 98% sure we will be but still want it done. Also wanna catch the scum in an ideal world..! But yeh just won’t say it’s 100% until it’s mathematical - well I’ll take our GD as mathematical so a point tomo if Villa don’t win and it’s done. But yeh slightly nervy... slightly

If it went to the last day it would be horrendous. But 1 more point should do it.

Not worried at all.... Dont forget Watford are playing West Ham too...both cant win that!

We are fine

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was sure we were going to win the Championship with 3 matches and then 3 minutes to go

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I am certain we are probably safe.

:lolol:

Brilliant comedy timing.

Perhaps.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No one is panicking.

I’m not panicking and would absolutely love a win against that horrible lot to set up a great last two matches where we can really play a bit.... There’s a half decent team there in a year or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports