Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still no £28 WALL tickets on sale

Absolute disgrace

It will be half empty behind the goal. The SW corner will be full of gaps.

All that is on offer are those gash ESL seats of which they have shifted about 20 in as many days.

No Gully's Girls,
No Cheap Seats

Why can't we just be like other clubs and put all seats that are available on sale?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Any updates for the Forest and Newcastle ? Will Forest be our biggest gate at the Amex ?

Any updates for the Forest and Newcastle ? Will Forest be our biggest gate at the Amex ?

Dunno. It will be close. Does anyone know if Forest have sold their 2004? They brought 2500 ish last term so no reason to think they won't.

Currently just over 100 tickets showing as available online. All stands now available (you have to buy the day before to get such a choice!)

Still potential for a couple of hundred extras if these sell before the Tic Ex becomes active.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why can't we just be like other clubs and put all seats that are available on sale?

Has this not been explained to you by 'insider' only you're refusing to accept the explanation?

It seemed a reasonably detailed one to me.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Dunno. It will be close. Does anyone know if Forest have sold their 2004? They brought 2500 ish last term so no reason to think they won't.

Currently just over 100 tickets showing as available online. All stands now available (you have to buy the day before to get such a choice!)

Still potential for a couple of hundred extras if these sell before the Tic Ex becomes active.

Looking on thier forum they have shifted 1800 tickets yesterday.

Has this not been explained to you by 'insider' only you're refusing to accept the explanation?

No it hasn't been explained at all. Maybe you would care to share your interpretation of Insider's reply.

Actually, he has not replied.... South Stand Tickets

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Insider said:
Tickets do go on sale in all price bands for all matches.

Tickets currently on sale at Millwall: S1A (£34+2) and W1I (£34+2).

Assuming the above quote is not a lie, we have sold out the entire east upper and south stands.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

It was detailed bollox ... indeed the only bit of that which I considered genuine was about needing to "operate in the most economically effective manner possible"

Thankfully all businesses don't operate in such a way and balance optimising their economic objectives with providing value for money and driving loyalty (repeat and more business). It's certainly not completely ignored by the club (0% ST plan, subsidised travel) but in respect to their approach to ticket sales it's a huge own goal imo

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach

Reasonably detailed perhaps but totally inaccurate if it replicates the reply that I received from the club. To suggest that the reason that none of the tickets in the South Stand go on general sale until just before the date of the game is because the club would not be aware if the away team would take their full allocation is beyond misleading - it is simply a lie.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was detailed bollox ... indeed the only bit of that which I considered genuine was about needing to "operate in the most economically effective manner possible"

Thankfully all businesses don't operate in such a way and balance optimising their economic objectives with providing value for money and driving loyalty (repeat and more business). It's certainly not completely ignored by the club (0% ST plan, subsidised travel) but in respect to their approach to ticket sales it's a huge own goal imo

Reasonably detailed perhaps but totally inaccurate if it replicates the reply that I received from the club. To suggest that the reason that none of the tickets in the South Stand go on general sale until just before the date of the game is because the club would not be aware if the away team would take their full allocation is beyond misleading - it is simply a lie.

I just can't see any logic in the counter argument, they are pretty much selling out every game, there really is no need for them to hold back £28 tickets as long as possible to sell more expensive ones given the demand. I honestly don't see the financial benefit to the them, there are what 100 tickets left for Forest, if they're all £28 instead of £34 the club has saved £600 - hardly seems worth it over just selling as many as you can when you can.

Holding back cheaper tickets for the sake of it really doesn't make much sense at all. Every other business model will offer cheaper deals the earlier you book. If they are genuinely holding back cheaper tickets simply to sell expensive ones first, then even from a purely commercial corporate point of view - they are being idiots.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I honestly don't see the financial benefit to the them, there are what 100 tickets left for Forest, if they're all £28 instead of £34 the club has saved £600 - hardly seems worth it over just selling as many as you can when you can.

Indeed, particularly when many people are aggrieved by this strategy. As I've said before, I know of two colleagues who took their families to games recently and were shocked at how much it was for the 'only available tickets'. They were not exactly best pleased when i pointed out how much money they could have saved if they had waited until just before the game. As you might suspect - unfortunatley they are not exactly rushing back for more!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I just can't see any logic in the counter argument, they are pretty much selling out every game, there really is no need for them to hold back £28 tickets as long as possible to sell more expensive ones given the demand. I honestly don't see the financial benefit to the them, there are what 100 tickets left for Forest, if they're all £28 instead of £34 the club has saved £600 - hardly seems worth it over just selling as many as you can when you can.

Holding back cheaper tickets for the sake of it really doesn't make much sense at all. Every other business model will offer cheaper deals the earlier you book. If they are genuinely holding back cheaper tickets simply to sell expensive ones first, then even from a purely commercial corporate point of view - they are being idiots.

I honestly don't see the financial benefit to the them, there are what 100 tickets left for Forest, if they're all £28 instead of £34 the club has saved £600 - hardly seems worth it over just selling as many as you can when you can.

Indeed, particularly when many people are aggrieved by this strategy. As I've said before, I know of two colleagues who took their families to games recently and were shocked at how much it was for the 'only available tickets'. They were not exactly best pleased when i pointed out how much money they could have saved if they had waited until just before the game. As you might suspect - unfortunatley they are not exactly rushing back for more!

But they aren't selling out every game (I think it's only been one) and maybe Forest will be close ... but others have been hundreds if not 1000 or more. So as sweetmods says the financial benefit is fairly negligible but demonstrates (to me) the clubs desire to wring every penny out of its fan base ... just because it can. It's petty and shortsighted in the extreme

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But they aren't selling out every game (I think it's only been one) and maybe Forest will be close ... but others have been hundreds if not 1000 or more. So as sweetmods says the financial benefit is fairly negligible but demonstrates (to me) the clubs desire to wring every penny out of its fan base ... just because it can. It's petty and shortsighted in the extreme

I understand that several people on here believe the only reason the club is doing this is for financial gain and have made up their mind that this is the case. It might well be, but it actually makes little sense to be honest even from a purely profit making commercial point of view.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Absolute disgrace

It will be half empty behind the goal. The SW corner will be full of gaps.

All that is on offer are those gash ESL seats of which they have shifted about 20 in as many days.

No Gully's Girls,
No Cheap Seats

I know where you can get an ESU for £25..........

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I understand that several people on here believe the only reason the club is doing this is for financial gain and have made up their mind that this is the case. It might well be, but it actually makes little sense to be honest even from a purely profit making commercial point of view.

But it also opens up another issue imo. Why aren't the club communicating some of this stuff? Insider has responded to some posts and as [MENTION=1742]sweetmods[/MENTION] said it's simply a lie ... unless of course they are thinking of mixing away fans in the home blocks. The club should be more transparent when it comes to matters that impact on the fans in this way. If they feel they are doing nothing wrong then have the courage of conviction to say so. In the absence of anything better and more convincing than we've already seen I'm sticking with my penny pinching and greed theory.

Same as shutting down the ticket exchange .. a club statement is needed. Same as dumping Gully's (no interest to me btw) It might not make all or some of us happy but a lot of speculation could be avoided. Dunno if there's a PR Manager amongst the admin staff ... think they could well use one

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Im after 7 tickets for Millwall but i aint paying £34 and if the £28 dont become available then we wont be going. Only 40 odd quid difference but its the principle..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here