Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stick Robinson & Gatting up Front

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Personally with the shit were in at the moment, and the fact we haven't scored for 3 games, I'd stick Robinson up front with Gatting.

Give them the next 3 games and give them the chance to prove themseleves. It's not like we have any other options, so why not give the lads a shot at it.

Admas, as stuck non-strikers up front and drawn blank after blank, so what have we got to lose. You never know, they might surprise some of you.

If they don't score between them for the next three games (and I'm sure they would) it can't be any worse than we're doing at the moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Only read the headline and thats enough for me.

NO WAY.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
it couldn't be worse than virgo on his own. i don't understand why adams won't give them a game. if they don't perform, it doesn't matter.

woody257

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think with the run were on wether it's the time to start trialling out Gatting and Robinson. We need players we rely on. Or a new striker.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant get any bloody worse can it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i was just confused that he would suggest that about playing two strikers as opposed to one centre back up top is all.

It is not about playing 2 strikers up front in preference to 1 centre back but about those 2 strikers both of whom have shown that they are not good enough.

I would sooner if I had to try Virgo and Gargan but still hope that we will sign a striker on loan.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
It is not about playing 2 strikers up front in preference to 1 centre back but about those 2 strikers both of whom have shown that they are not good enough.

I would sooner if I had to try Virgo and Gargan but still hope that we will sign a striker on loan.

neither robinson or gatting have had a chance this season. virgo has up top and he has let us down every time, he needs to play at the back. i would gladly see gargan in the team as well.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I was gonna start a thread similar to this one.

My point would've been (and still is) don't play Virgo upfront on his own! Please Micky, give us some entertainment at home!

Not sure I'd agree with Gatting, but I'd certainly start Robinson tomorrow night. He will be exciting, lively and offer a much bigger goal threat than Adam Virgo.

With Jake we could play Anyinsah. Or if we need a bigger 'target man' style striker, then stick Gargan upfront! He went into a terrible Lewes side, and managed to bag them points and score goals.

We NEED to play two strikers tomorrow. If I turn up, and notice Virgo is playing up top on his own, I will be tempted to walk out there and then.

We need some exciting attacking play, we need to pose a goal threat. Most importantly we don't want to settle for a draw...WE NEED TO WIN!!!

No more inept tactics please Micky. Give some proper forwards a chance to score.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gatting is the only striker we have other than Forster that can score the ugly goals in the 6 yard box. He may not be the fastest but he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He is not as crap as everyone makes out.

Robinson is not a striker, he is a clean striker of the ball, and has pace, but both is to rarely seen. He is better coming off the bench. If he could work on his crosses, he would make a decent right winger

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Robinson is not a striker, he is a clean striker of the ball, and has pace, but both is to rarely seen. He is better coming off the bench. If he could work on his crosses, he would make a decent right winger

Would you prefer Robinson upfront or Virgo?

Personally I think we have more chance of scoring with Jakey than Virgs. At least he is likely to get in behind the defence. He can finish, and he has the pace to at least worry defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here