Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STHs - are you renewing?

Do you intend to renew your season ticket?

• Yes, yes I do

Votes: 245 93.2%
  • No, no i don't

Votes: 18 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can’t use the lift in an emergency evacuation, so no, the club won’t allow. Bite the bullet and move lower down, when it gets too much.

I can't see what's going on at ground level. My brief spell in the crocks' corner after my knee op was a disaster. Anyway, rather like Woody Allen's take on immortality, I intend to maintain my support by carrying on regardless, with nifty use of a walking stick if necessary :thumbsup:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm hoping to renew, but switch stands to make it a bit cheaper. If not I'll have to ask myself whether I can justify the expense with a second child on the way.

You can’t use the lift in an emergency evacuation, so no, the club won’t allow. Bite the bullet and move lower down, when it gets too much.

Are they different lifts in the East Upper? There are multiple fans who use wheelchairs in the East Upper so was wondering what would happen in the event of a fire.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Quite possibly not.
Circumstances in my personal life last year mean that things just aren't the same.
Nothing to do with which division we are in or if I find the football enjoyable.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Absolutely. Guy next to me may give up one of his tickets as his son has lost interest but if he does I'll buy it off him. Hang PB, didn't say that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Comparatively recently towards the end of the season we avoided relegation to League One, my brother and I had a conversation along these lines. We would have renewed for League One.... so yes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Already cancelled. Really bored of the Premier league and VAR.

Had 3 years at this level and that's enough for me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But we might not be at that level. No PL, no VAR

Championship with Potter ? No thanks Tim. This season has killed football for me.

Nearly used up my quota for ticket exchange. It's been an awful season. We went backwards under Hugton after Xmas. We are doing the same again. 1 win in 11 with some tough fixtures at home coming up. Throw in VAR, football is dead for me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Championship with Potter ? No thanks Tim. This season has killed football for me.

Nearly used up my quota for ticket exchange. It's been an awful season. We went backwards under Hugton after Xmas. We are doing the same again. 1 win in 11 with some tough fixtures at home coming up. Throw in VAR, football is dead for me.
Get yourself the odd ticket up at Stamford Bridge, you'll probably enjoy that more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Really hoping that I get a job before March 11th, otherwise, I can't justify the cost. [emoji22]

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes I'm going to renew even if I can't get to as many games as previous seasons due to a change in personal circumstances.

Are they different lifts in the East Upper? There are multiple fans who use wheelchairs in the East Upper so was wondering what would happen in the event of a fire.

They would probably use an evac chair to get anyone wheelchair bound down the stairs in an emergency. They look quite scary but are actually really easy to use and quite fun to (had training on how to use them in a previous job). The club would never have got safety certificates to have disabled access in the East Upper without some sort of contingency.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Know there are many older than me but at 63 the hassle of getting to and from the ground coupled with the cost at £40 game makes me think, however I`m sure I will renew as I have said for the last few years once more. Another couple of seasons and my ticket will be OAP so that might keep me going longer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd only not renew if it became too difficult to attend, and climb all those stairs to West Upper, owing to infirmity (this will happen eventually).

Incidentally, not wishing to derail, is it not the case that when your legs go a bit Connex South Central the option is give up your seat in West Upper and sit at ground level, or give up your seat in West Upper?

There is a lift but it isn't for public use. Could one not try to persuade the club that forcing a longstanding season ticket holder out of his/her seat in West Upper because 'there is no disabled access' is a bit discriminatory, especially when there is a perfectly functional lift available? Asking for a friend, obviously.

No, what you need to do is start a thread on NSC campaigning for an old crocks section (similar to the singing section), and after 50 odd pages write a long email demanding that either an exclusive old crocks lift is installed or stair lifts, which if you can combine with a further demand to allow the old crocks to take flasks with them, then you can sit back and read the 10,000 word reply from PB.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The mere thought of not renewing hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’ll renew on 10th March with lump sum. Whatever our position.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Know there are many older than me but at 63 the hassle of getting to and from the ground coupled with the cost at £40 game makes me think, however I`m sure I will renew as I have said for the last few years once more. Another couple of seasons and my ticket will be OAP so that might keep me going longer.

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope when I’m 63 I haven’t lost the faith. I’ll be renewing as I have for the last 30+ years (season ticket that is - been going much longer).
I’ll use my dad as inspiration - he’ll turn 81 next month and it wouldn’t even enter his head not to renew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here