Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH - Empty Seats fcks me off

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think maybe a charity exchange should be set up. To my shame I missed Blackpool (i live in manchester or would never miss a beat!) and didn't arrange for my ticket to make its way to anyone who would have liked to go. This is kind of because of the pain of sending it via post - special delivery for a fiver after all, we don't want to lose it! Even then you have to fetch it back again...

So because it wouldn't be right for the club to charge for it, I think they could turn it into a MASSIVE positive if I for example can't make it nor give a friend a treat (a MASSIVE treat these days!) I could notify the club, who could then make those tickets available for free to disadvantaged / deserving members of the community. I would be really satisfied if this could be the case, the stadium would be filled like it should be and a few more people might get the albion bug!!

Pie in the sky maybe but i don't see why it wouldn't work.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I presume "It's the only way they'll learn" is a joke.

Putting aside the patronising tone, why would anyone who doesn't regularly attend care if they lose loyalty points?

Ask them in January or February for the Fac 4th & 5th round ties at home vs Arsenal & Man Utd.:lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
My seat will be empty for a few games and I don't care as it is my seat and I can do what I want with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My seat will be empty for a few games and I don't care as it is my seat and I can do what I want with it.

What about a friend(Albion in the community-help convert another to the stripes) though? still like you say,paid for,do as like.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
I do agree there should be sort of exchange system, But the whole 'teach them a lesson 'thing is a joke. So if I dont go to a couple of games cos I am on holiday or not well I lose loyalty points to teach me a lesson. So if the Albion lose or even postpone a game maybe I should not turn up for the next game to teach them a lesson.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

I love this idea. My mate is a 1901 and away in beefa but he has made sure his seat is filled as he doesnt like seeing empty seats!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
only given my tickets away on 1 occassion when i was away, went to my uncle and his young son, would do that again as he follows brighton and his son is now hooked. lol

Once the summer holidays are out, there won't be many empty seats. HOWEVER, its no excuse for people being feckin lazy and not passing them on to mates while they're away. Disgraceful. There are 17 of us in our block and the last two home games I've spent HOURS sorting out spares and making sure every seat has a bum on it.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Maybe they could not find anyone to give there ticket to for many reasons, they have paid for the game its their choice whether they turn up or not.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What season ticket holders do with the ticket they have paid for is up to the season ticket holder.

Season tickets were available to those who wanted them,and I don't think they all sold.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Posted before, posting again. Reckon STH should start the season with a full season's loyalty points. Then lose loyalty points for every game the seat stands empty. It's the only way they'll learn...

Why don't we extend the idea? I had to throw out a little pot of hummus this afternoon. Ate most of it, but didn't get round to the last third, and it went past the expiry date. Shall I ring up Tesco and tell them what a naughty boy I've been? If I'd been more pro-active I could have foreseen I wouldn't need that much, and shared it with a neighbour. Or perhaps Tesco should set up some sort of hummus exchange site to make it easier.....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The chap who started the 300 empty seats thread knows someone who bought a ST then couldnt be "bothered" to go to Blackpool. I hope I never meet him again. Not the thread starter his so called "mate".

To make matters worse he supports the scousers and has said he may have to hide his LFC scarf for that game. I want to shake him warmly by the throat. This type of JCL is NOT WELCOME AT MY CLUB.

Last edited:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

I agree with this 'stick' method and the alternative 'carrot' method.

If people have a valid reason (if they live over 100 miles away, are ill, have a family bereavement) they should be allowed to appeal any points lost. People that don't attend because they are watching Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal and people with a 'I've paid for the ticket I'll do what I want with it' attitude, are damaging the club. They are stopping other fans/future fans cheering on the Albion.

Also how much are they costing the club in secondary spend? Empty seats don't buy a pie and a pint at half time and a long-sleeved home shirt on the way out.

My girlfriend and I both have a season ticket and so far we've both missed a game each due to work. We don't have many friends (ah) but on both occasions we've found someone to fill what would have been an empty seat. We know we will have to miss other games in the future, but we will always get that seat filled...or die trying.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Jesus. This is so over-dramatic. Losing penalty points, appeals systems, people having to 'die trying' to hand out their ticket etc etc

Sometimes people can't make it to matches. The vast majority will ask around their mates to see if anyone wants to go instead. Most of the time they'll find someone.

A ticket exchange would make things easier, sure, but it will cost money to run and won't necessarily be a big earner for the club. In fact, it potentially derives them of revenue as the seller will want a fair chunk of the money for the resale. So the club's getting less than full price rather than the whole whack for unsold seats elsewhere. Could only really be useful after each match is declared 'sold out'.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Once the summer holidays are out, there won't be many empty seats. HOWEVER, its no excuse for people being feckin lazy and not passing them on to mates while they're away. Disgraceful. There are 17 of us in our block and the last two home games I've spent HOURS sorting out spares and making sure every seat has a bum on it.

IT DOESNT f***ing MATTER.........the seat is paid for. The club have the money . SO ITS NOT AN EMPTY SEAT . And what i , or any other STH does with their seat match by match, is up to the individual, and not a cause of debate as is going on here .

Mar 10, 2006
What happens if something occurs on the morning of the match and you haven't got time to offer your ticket around. All bollocks this - can't believe people are getting so wound up and precious over what others do on a saturday afternoon. when you signed up I don't recall it saying anywhere that you are accountable to 20,000 others

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Jesus. This is so over-dramatic. Losing penalty points, appeals systems, people having to 'die trying' to hand out their ticket etc etc

Sometimes people can't make it to matches. The vast majority will ask around their mates to see if anyone wants to go instead. Most of the time they'll find someone.

A ticket exchange would make things easier, sure, but it will cost money to run and won't necessarily be a big earner for the club. In fact, it potentially derives them of revenue as the seller will want a fair chunk of the money for the resale. So the club's getting less than full price rather than the whole whack for unsold seats elsewhere. Could only really be useful after each match is declared 'sold out'.

Could not agree more. As for this locking fans out nonsense anyone who really wanted a ST could have got one and nobody I know has had any issues with getting match tickets providing you are organised enough. Lets hope the expansion goes through next season to stop this but then people will probably be moaning we are not selling out every week

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
My father is a WSL STH, I have a seat and two for my children. Unfortunately he was taken ill just before the Spurs game and has yet to make it to the Amex. Until Saturday I had managed to get friends etc to take the seat. Late last week, my father took a turn for the worse and ended up in intensive care. Different visiting hours, other things on my mind - left the kids at home so I could go straight to the Sussex County after the game and didn't get round to sorting out dad's seat. During the first half a smug so and so on the other side of the aisle started making comments about the empty seats and shaking his head. If he wants to swap positions with me for the sake of filling seats then I would love to. Should dad be penalised when he recovers and finally makes it ? There are some very valid reasons why seats are empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here