Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewart Lee at the Ropetackle

Lee's influences are far more esoteric and whilst he admits the influence of Ted Chippington, Simon Munnery, the Native American Clown tradition, German stand-up and free form jazz

:lolol:

I've loved Stewie for a long time and I hope he keeps his fire aimed at the Establishment - was sad to see him have a go at Russell Brand recently, that way does lie the sell out.

Apropos of nothing, his wife Bridget Christie's act is very dull - again, danger signs if she's a major influence on him, or if he's a major influence on her.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
SOLD OUT. :cry:

Was lucky enough to see him at the Dome though. The true fans on here are the critical ones - they're the ones he loves! :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've loved Stewie for a long time and I hope he keeps his fire aimed at the Establishment - was sad to see him have a go at Russell Brand recently, that way does lie the sell out.

If you have been following him for a while I'm susprised that you haven't noticed that Russell 'XFM DJ pretending to be a comedian' Brand has been a target for some years, quite a while before Brand's witless rants at the establishment he is part of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2lZycym1ls

His summary of Brand's New Statesmen article was spot on:

http://www.stewartlee.co.uk/plagiarists.php

Its down to personal opinion, but I don't find Bridget Christie dull, neither did the judges who gave her the Fosters Award at Edinburgh. Her Radio Show was funny, and she seems to have more in common with Richard Herring's style than Stewart Lee's. Like Herring, she is very funny when she allows her childishness to take over from the material.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Peeps have raved about him but I'm not totally convinced yet anyway. I'd rather see the likes of Kevin Day, Mark Steele or Jo Brand.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Peeps have raved about him but I'm not totally convinced yet anyway. I'd rather see the likes of Kevin Day, Mark Steele or Jo Brand.

You missed Doc Brown, Eddie Izzard, Sean Hughes and Roger De Courcey. A comedian must find great release in being able to go to someone else's workplace and be assured the opportunity to shout that they are crap.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Long shot, I only found out about this gig a few days back & obviously sold out....IF on the off chance anyone has two spare tickets for tonight please private message me on here...thank you x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here