Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G hand shandy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wonder if you can buy a half Palace half Stevie scarf?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well, there's some excellent examples on this thread of what's been described as Brit Envy. Apparently we're viewed by the rest of the world as being a nation jealous of anyone perceived to achieve "too much" success.

A lot of the guff being posted is just sour grapes and small mindedness, although when people like [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION] feel the need to register half-a-dozen or more vitriolic posts then it does seem to stray into an angry but rather sad obsession.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh FFS, they've revived the Playercam function for this, so you can spend the entire game or as much of it as he plays solely staring at Steven Gerrard should you so desire. :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well, there's some excellent examples on this thread of what's been described as Brit Envy. Apparently we're viewed by the rest of the world as being a nation jealous of anyone perceived to achieve "too much" success.

A lot of the guff being posted is just sour grapes and small mindedness, although when people like [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION] feel the need to register half-a-dozen or more vitriolic posts then it does seem to stray into an angry but rather sad obsession.

vitriolic :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Or, more likely, we just find it all a bit tedious that an admittedly very decent Premier League player is receiving the sort of fanfare for the simple act of being released and moving to another club, far in excess of that which the occasion merits. It's not even his last game, FFS, they still have another match to play next weekend!

He's carried Liverpool over the years, been in the main a credit to the Premier League, even if he never really lived up to his reputation when playing for England, and is obviously a legend for them. But I don't recall other players of similar stature getting the same sort of attention when they left a club (let us not forget: the bloke isn't even retiring, he's merely been released and is going elsewhere). Lampard achieved European success, England caps, won the Premier League more than once, and then decided to go to the MLS. Where's his month-long TV celebration?

It's just media bullshit. Let Liverpool commemorate the player if they want to, same as we would one of our own. But please: spare the rest of us and just get on with the game!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At least it's on TalkSport radio wise. Can you imagine Alan Green commentating on this on Five Live?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wow. No one has to watch it. The sun is shining and I think a festival is on. Bizarre.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just be thankful his last game isn't the cup final - imagine the fawning hype for Saint Stevie of Gerrard then :ffsparr:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Me and my mate.are doing a drinking game every time he's mentioned. We've already cut from a a shot, to half a shot as we're running out of brandy (I know, but I like it). Think we might have to give up

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Or, more likely, we just find it all a bit tedious that an admittedly very decent Premier League player is receiving the sort of fanfare for the simple act of being released and moving to another club, far in excess of that which the occasion merits. It's not even his last game, FFS, they still have another match to play next weekend!

He's carried Liverpool over the years, been in the main a credit to the Premier League, even if he never really lived up to his reputation when playing for England, and is obviously a legend for them. But I don't recall other players of similar stature getting the same sort of attention when they left a club (let us not forget: the bloke isn't even retiring, he's merely been released and is going elsewhere). Lampard achieved European success, England caps, won the Premier League more than once, and then decided to go to the MLS. Where's his month-long TV celebration?

It's just media bullshit. Let Liverpool commemorate the player if they want to, same as we would one of our own. But please: spare the rest of us and just get on with the game!

So that's your problem then and what all the fuss is about, you're watching the game on Sky......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arise Sir Stevie of Victim.

Victim of being in the wrong Liverpool team at the wrong time, a victim of being around England and Liverpool alongside Roy Hodgson, poor, poor Stevie.......

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
All set up for a dubious Penalty for Liverpool in front of the Kop.
Step forward Sir Stevie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All set up for a dubious Penalty for Liverpool in front of the Kop.
Step forward Sir Stevie.
I guess if anyone can spot a dubious penalty, it you guys.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Wow. No one has to watch it. The sun is shining and I think a festival is on. Bizarre.

Yep. The amount of people who have SKY as well!. The Sussex Senior Cup Final was a blast at The Amex - Sergio Torres and Jake Robinson in the sunshine and a packed WSL, what more could you ask for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here