Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Defour anyone?

Jan 10, 2014
How did you out-football Palace in the 2 wins last season??.

We won the two games?

It's about time that football fans stopped going off how much percentage of the ball their team has. It means nothing to 3 points on the table.

The first half at your place should have seen us 4 up. Barnes was (with Vokes) terrorising your lot and not with us hoofing it.

Ward had room to do what he wanted, which he did.

If Zaha had balls then he would be a man.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
We won the two games?

It's about time that football fans stopped going off how much percentage of the ball their team has. It means nothing to 3 points on the table.

The first half at your place should have seen us 4 up. Barnes was (with Vokes) terrorising your lot and not with us hoofing it.

Ward had room to do what he wanted, which he did.

If Zaha had balls then he would be a man.

I'm just saying, you didn't out - football us, that would imply you passed us off the park like Barcelona would do. I was at both games. At Turf Moor, you played well in the first half but we battered you 2nd half, it was like the Alamo at times. You deserved the win at our place, I'll give you that but again, it wasn't pretty. You scored early, sat back and defended superbly and then got us on the counter again when Gray scored at the end.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'm just saying, you didn't out - football us, that would imply you passed us off the park like Barcelona would do. I was at both games. At Turf Moor, you played well in the first half but we battered you 2nd half, it was like the Alamo at times. You deserved the win at our place, I'll give you that but again, it wasn't pretty. You scored early, sat back and defended superbly and then got us on the counter again when Gray scored at the end.

Have I just entered some parallel universe??

Mods, shut this thread down please. Last years Palace vs Burnley games on a Brighton message board - oh do **** off!!!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I feel like I've been transported to a parallel universe.
A Palace fan and a Burnley fan arguing amongst themselves on a Brighton forum. Weird!

May 24, 2017
I feel like I've been transported to a parallel universe.
A Palace fan and a Burnley fan arguing amongst themselves on a Brighton forum. Weird!

Yes very strange....just shows you how easily a perfectly reasonable thread can be ruined by a few undesirables.....i'm not going to mention them by name but it's pretty obvious who they are........and they say they're Brighton fans!

I can excuse the Burnley fans though as....well imagine having to watch that cr@p every week.....imagine having a whinge bag of a manager who repeatedly tells you that the reason your watching cr@p every week is because they can't 'afford' to play any other way.....then imagine having to listen to the git moaning to the press about not being able to compete with the likes of Bournemouth or Brighton!....imagine again if you can having to listen to him telling you how lucky you are that he manages to perform miracles keeping them in the richest league in the world with next to no money.....he treats the Burnley fans with such patronising contempt you can only pity them tbh.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
You're such an uneducated philistine.

No club has ever stopped up in the Premier League by only playing 'long ball hoof forward tactics', it's too easy to defend against

It's all about finding the different ways of winning if you don't have as good a quality of players as the opposition.

There's no shame in having just 20% of the possession against Liverpool when you've out gegenpressed them and counter attacked them for a 2-0.

Equally there's nothing wrong with out footballing Palace in two games for six points.

I'm sure Hughton has his head screwed on if some of the fans don't.

Have to agree with you entirely there. I think some of us are going to be in for a bit of a shock this season. We're not going to always be able to play attacking football. Sometimes we're going to need to dig in and grind out ugly results.

Yes very strange....just shows you how easily a perfectly reasonable thread can be ruined by a few undesirables.....i'm not going to mention them by name but it's pretty obvious who they are........and they say they're Brighton fans!

I'm not sure anyone really gives a toss who you think is an undesirable tbh, especially you being Palace and that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Sounds like football to me mate :shrug:

May 24, 2017
I'm not sure anyone really gives a toss who you think is an undesirable tbh, especially you being Palace and that.

I'm really not sure what i've done to turn you into such a seething mess hillian......why are you so angry?......you know what....i just know that you and me are going to be the best of friends in the weeks...months and years to come....i just know it....:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here