Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some people are just thick.

Yes. Yes they are. But even someone who is thick can surely learn very, very basic grammar? It's just not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's a good point, and it maybe doesn't apply to all sectors. But people who get that sort of stuff wrong shoot themselves in the foot, because it makes them look stupid. I still don't understand how people get it wrong though, you learn it in primary school.

Yes and no. I did, but my mate who built all the cupboards I wanted in my study clearly didn't, his grammar and spelling is awful. He's brilliant with wood though. Horses for courses. I can barely put up a shelf.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes and no. I did, but my mate who built all the cupboards I wanted in my study clearly didn't, his grammar and spelling is awful. He's brilliant with wood though. Horses for courses. I can barely put up a shelf.

Grammar and spelling are awful.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Let's hope this gets sorted smoothly and quickly then.

This is Brighton & Hove Albion, very little gets sorted smoothly and quickly!

Presumably if he were to agree a deal, he would be on lower wages at Albion than he was at Stoke. As became apparent with CMS last summer, a player who leaves a club gets another month's salary from his ex-employer if he hasn't signed with another club by July 31st. This would suggest that even if a deal is agreed, it wouldn't become official until the start of August (unless Sidwell wasn't bothered by missing out on one month's difference in salary between old and new wages).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its going to be far more difficult to be promoted next season,give us entertaining football at the Amex to keep us coming back,which is more likely than if we had been promoted.

This season seemed pretty difficult. Ordinarily our points total would have seen us promoted with a game or two to spare. Why do you think next season will be tougher?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm still astonished by people who use 'done' instead of 'did'. I just don't understand it, my primary school taught us that at about age 6. How do people possibly still get it wrong?

They may think it doesn't matter and it's just nit-picking, but if I ever saw that on a job application form, for example, I would instantly reject the person. It does matter, and when you read it in a football message board or wherever, it instantly makes you lower the value of the person who wrote it's opinion.

It is opinion? :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
big clubs coming down.

Clubs come down every year though. And they get relegated because they're crap. I'm not convinced some perceived size has anything to do with their ability to bounce back.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Clubs come down every year though. And they get relegated because they're crap. I'm not convinced some perceived size has anything to do with their ability to bounce back.

I'm with you here HT. I don't think size matters.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I don't think any importance is attached to this in education any more so all us oldies are probably going to have to live with it.

I can assure you it is.

Unfortunately teachers can teach something as much as they like, but some people just do not retain it. Also, if you are mixing with people who speak like that (no offence Essex), this sort of thing becomes second nature.

I used to live in SE London where 'to the' was often omitted - "I'm going shops.."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here