Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve harper

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Would you be interested?
Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper has said he will consider a loan move next season if he cannot establish himself in the first team.
Harper, 37, made five appearances for Championship side Brighton last season, but did not make a single outing for the Magpies in 2011-12.
"Time's running out, I'm not getting younger," Harper told BBC Look North.
"If it's the same situation next year, I would look to go on loan somewhere as you can't get these games back."
The Seaham-born custodian remains Newcastle's longest-serving player, having joined the club in the summer of 1993However the emergence of Netherlands international Tim Krul, and the arrival of Rob Elliot from Charlton last season, have limited opportunities, although Harper remains committed to working for a place under boss Alan Pardew.
"My plans are to go back on the 5 July as fit as possible," Harper continued.
"I've been training hard in the two weeks we've been off, training three times a week, because pre-season gets harder as you get older.
"I'll go back as fit as possible and see what happens at the start of the season."

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Would you be interested?
Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper has said he will consider a loan move next season if he cannot establish himself in the first team.
Harper, 37, made five appearances for Championship side Brighton last season, but did not make a single outing for the Magpies in 2011-12.
"Time's running out, I'm not getting younger," Harper told BBC Look North.
"If it's the same situation next year, I would look to go on loan somewhere as you can't get these games back."
The Seaham-born custodian remains Newcastle's longest-serving player, having joined the club in the summer of 1993However the emergence of Netherlands international Tim Krul, and the arrival of Rob Elliot from Charlton last season, have limited opportunities, although Harper remains committed to working for a place under boss Alan Pardew.
"My plans are to go back on the 5 July as fit as possible," Harper continued.
"I've been training hard in the two weeks we've been off, training three times a week, because pre-season gets harder as you get older.
"I'll go back as fit as possible and see what happens at the start of the season."
Before someone says it - no he couldn't do a job!

D

Deleted member 18477

Could def do a job. I was impressed with him. A lot better than what we have currently!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
IF we haven't secured a new keeper during the summer, I'd have Harper over our current three in a shot. In fact, in a saved shot!

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
When he was in goal I didnt feel nervous, no flapping at corners etc so yeh would take him and if newcastle pay towards his wages we could save some of the budget and use elsewhere only mistake I remember him makin was against west ham

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
When anyone says "Time's running out, I'm not getting younger," steer well clear

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does he actually enjoy playing football? He must average less than 10 games a season in his long career.

He's only ever been first choice for 1 and a half seasons. In his half season, he was relegated from the Premier League. In the other, he managed to conceed a suprising amount considering Newcastle were comfortably the best team in the league from start to finish.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
No. Didn't do anything of note when he was here. Jumping on the Brez hatin' bandwagon again.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He wasn't bursting with enthusiasm about coming back when he commentated on the Newcastle cup tie at the Amex for ESPN. In fact he came across as a little hostile to the idea. Probably too far south for him for a long term loan.

D

Deleted member 18477

Sorry got to disagree as I dont think that he was much of an improvement on what we have at the moment but that doesnt mean I dont want a new keeper but not him.

He won't come to us anyway because his family like the north - the crazy bastards! He's better than what we've got but I don't really want harper. I'd prefer someone who's a bit younger who might stick around for more than 2 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here